All errors should be reported to DonSurber@gmail.com

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Remember when Hillary voters were racist?

"Saturday Night Live" had its best season ever in the ratings thanks to President Donald John Trump.

The show had Kate McKinnon -- and actress half Hilary's age -- play the former first lady. McKinnon was respectful, and played the role as an homage to the woman SNL's staffers were sure would win the election.

But in 2008, SNL trashed her.



Amy Poehler played her as a nasty, ruthless woman who refused to accept that Barack Obama had "won" the nomination. The show called her supporters racist.

A May 2008 show opened with what NBC called the "Hillary Clinton Is a Sore Loser" sketch.
Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton: Good evening, my fellow Americans. As we all know, this has already been a long, hard-fought campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. But, tonight, with my recent victory in Indiana -- and Sen. Obama's in North Carolina -- we remain exactly where we were four months ago: hopelessly deadlocked!
Therefore, this nomination is going to be decided -- as it should be -- by the superdelegates. Based, not on primary results or "caucuses" or delegate counts or popular vote. But on their sober assessment of which candidate will be the strongest against Sen. McCain in November. Tonight, I am here to tell you why I am that candidate.
First, I am a sore loser. If, and when, I am the nominee, I know, as do the superdelegates, that Sen. Obama will work his heart out for my election. If, on the other hand, Sen. Obama is chosen, I will probably refuse to campaign for him!
[SNIP]
Second, my supporters are racist! If, and when, I am the nominee, Sen. Obama's African-American supporters will be disappointed, perhaps, but they will still rally to me.
If, however, Sen. Obama is the nominee, my supporters will refuse to vote for him. Partly because I will secretly tell them not to, but, mainly, because they are racially biased, and would NEVER vote for any African-American candidate. I'm not bragging, that's just the way it is!
[SNIP]
Which brings me to my third and final argument: unlike Sen. Obama, I have no ethical standards. Even my critics would agree that once I get the nomination I will stop at nothing, absolutely nothing, to win.
[SNIP]
So, there you have it: sore loser, racist supporters, no ethical standards. Qualities Sen. Obama simply cannot match! That's not an attack on my opponent, it's just the truth. When you consider that, the choice is obvious.
Odd how everyone forgot that sketch.

***

Please enjoy my books on how the press bungled the 2016 election.




Caution: Readers occasionally may laugh out loud at the media as they read this account of Trump's election.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.



Caution: Readers occasionally may laugh out loud at the media as they read this account of Trump's nomination.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.

Autographed copies of both books are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

Friend me on Facebook.

9 comments:

  1. Lather, rinse, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coward.
      Lather rinse repeat.
      TG

      Delete
  2. Didn't watch the show then or now but amazing how right they were.

    They did get the one thing wrong - "So, there you have it: sore loser, racist supporters, no ethical standards. Qualities Sen. Obama simply cannot match!" -
    Barry not only matched her qualities, but topped her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When those two finally arrive in Hell where they belong, I wonder if they'll have to take turns being on top? They'll of course be damned for eternity, doing to each other what they've each done to us here.

      If I were the Devil, I'd make sure they did! But then, the Devil probably likes them more than I do; after all, they've been doing his work for their whole lives.

      Delete
  3. "So, there you have it: sore loser, racist supporters, no ethical standards.:

    Sounds like a spot-on assessment of Hillary to me. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, even back then, Blacks favored over women. But then, we didn't know Obama the way we do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank for posting
    Wir danken Ihnen
    Friv4school 2018 Gry Friv 2 Gry Friv 5 dass Sie diese Hoffnung mit uns teilen und diesen Schritt auf dem Pilgerweg des Vertrauens Gry Friv Juegos Friv 1000 mit uns gegangen sind. Juegos Friv 5 Juegos De Friv 2 Juegos Friv 250 Juegos Yepi wir danken Ihnen fu das Interesse an unseren Produkten und hoffe

    ReplyDelete