All errors should be reported to DonSurber@gmail.com

Monday, April 16, 2018

Press preaching to the 3%

Overnight ratings show less than 10 million people watched ABC's special last night, an interview with James Comey.

That is 3% of a nation with a population of 325 million people.

Now the media blames its lagging TV ratings, and declining newspaper and magazine circulations on the Internet.

But the lack of good news judgment plays a larger role than anyone will admit.

The story selection is dictated by Washington bureaus that repeatedly pursues stories that even political insiders yawn at.

A press that ignored John Edwards's love child until he no longer was a viable Democratic presidential candidate leaped on a minor Republican Party official's payment of $1.6 million for impregnating a Playboy bunny.

Need I remind readers that Matt Drudge broke the Lewinsky story after Newsweek spiked it?

Starbucks coffee tastes lousy because the company buys bad beans for politically correct reasons. They load it up with sugar and creams to kill the taste.

This is the same approach to the news. It is agenda-driven entertainment now, and pretty lousy entertainment at that.

Meanwhile, the New York Times and Washington Post share a Pulitzer for publishing Fake News leaked by Jimmy the Weasel Comey.

That impresses 3% of the country. The other 97% realized it is a con game.

14 comments:

  1. Good ,one less talking point for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently quite a few ex FBI people watched too. They weren't amused:

    James Comey: A legend in his own mind, but not at the FBI

    Likewise his book is getting slammed even by the lefty MSM like WaPo, NYT and The New Republic:

    James Comey Gets Pilloried from Left, Right, and Center

    Hopefully Hillary is reading and watching all this with alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What horrible ratings!!! Bet the advertisers were pissed off. It is nice hearing some great news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, what did weasels ever do to you to get lumped-in with that sack of crap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Starbucks coffee tastes lousy because the company buys bad beans for politically correct reasons. They load it up with sugar and creams to kill the taste."

    Preach it, Brother!
    Exactly right.

    JimNorCal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starbucks coffee is like a cheap whore.

    They both suck, and they empty your wallet five bucks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These insane lunatics have destroyed the mainstream media. I cut my cable tv last year and do my best to tune it all out. A (liberal) friend asks, shockingly, "But where do you get your news?!?" Oh good grief how does one NOT get "news" in this day and age, is it literally bombarding you in every airport or doctor's office and on the internet that algore invented?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopped paying any attention to awards a long time ago when I realized that it had devolved to liberals virtue signalling to each other. Wouldn't bother me in the least to see awards shows and ceremonies bombed by terrorists on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3% I am surprised that many people wanted to watch this slimy creature for a hour or listen to the moron "George the Clinton Lap Dog" try and get an intelligent response from "Jimmy the Weasel",

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saul Steinberg put out a great cartoon in the New Yorker back in the 60's that I remember well.

    It was a side profile outline drawing of a proud man's head of which the face exuded a sort of quiet confidence.

    In the middle of the outline was a smaller outline of a very little man with a distinct look of fear in his mannerism, who was on a short step ladder while furtively peering out the eyeholes at a world he couldn't comprehend.

    Such is how I see James Comey and for all his 6'-8" presence and bluster and contrived sincerity, is really only just that...a man afraid of himself.

    Saul Stenberg was a master at conveying so much across to his viewer with so little clutter in the process.

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Now the media blames its lagging TV ratings, and declining newspaper and magazine circulations on the Internet." They would be correct in that. The internet has fact-checked the media's butts and found they need to be hosed down and par-boiled for sanitizing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nobody Shows at DC Bookstore to Buy Comey’s Book

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/more-cameras-than-customers-reporters-find-lackluster-response-to-james-comeys-book-release-in-dc

    ReplyDelete