All errors should be reported to DonSurber@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

77% believe that the media lies

"More than 3-in-4 Americans believe that traditional major TV and newspaper media outlets report Fake News, including 31% who believe this happens regularly and 46% who say it happens occasionally. The 77% who believe fake news reporting happens at least occasionally has increased significantly from 63% of the public who felt that way last year," Monmouth University reported.

That is a fundamental threat to our republic.

The media keeps telling us we need informed voters -- and then it misinforms voters. Repeatedly. I wrote a book about their lies.

The media moguls by and large believe they can deceive voters. But Donald Trump has proven them wrong. Their lies did not stop him. He won the nomination. They doubled down. He won the presidency. They doubled down.  He survives. He thrives. He prevails.

"A plurality of the public (42%) say that traditional news media sources report fake news on purpose in order to push an agenda. Fewer Americans (26%) believe that major media sources tend to report these stories only by accident or due to poor fact checking. Another 7% feel both reasons are equally prevalent. The remainder are either not sure or do not feel that fake news is reported by traditional media outlets. The number who believe this type of false reporting is done on purpose has not changed much from a year ago when it stood at 39%. The number who say it is done accidentally has increased from 17% a year ago as more people feel that the traditional media engages in reporting fake news stories," Monmouth said.

Americans want to believe the media doesn't lie to push an agenda but the evidence is growing that it does.

My suggestion to anyone interested in becoming a journalist is to learn to pole dance. It is now a much more respectable line of work.

16 comments:

  1. The headline to this post is ambiguous, Don. There are two ways a reader can interpret it: (1) the vast majority of people get fooled by media deception, or (2) the vast majority are aware they are being deceived by the media. At first reading, I assumed (1), but then I realized you meant (2).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added that it's too early in the day for a double entendre.

      Delete
    2. You are not this man,Iapetus,
      "Eugene Luther Gore Vidal was an American writer and public intellectual known for his patrician manner, epigrammatic wit, and polished style of writing."

      Delete
    3. And to further this ,I thought Vidal was was a pompous ass

      Delete
    4. The headline confused me because, under interpretation (2), the noun "media" is plural but the verb "lies" is singular, so that's grammatically incorrect. That then leaves us the grammatically correct interpretation (1) in which "media" is used as an adjective to modify the noun "lies," which is why I first read it that way. I follow the grammar.

      That ends the grammar lesson for today. That is all. Carry on.

      Delete
  2. Poll dance? Or pole dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go home frustrated in either case.

      Delete
    2. I read that line both ways and laughed at both of those there meanings....

      Delete
  3. They've always lied and they've always lied on purpose we only know because of the internet. Andrew Breitbart said as much when he said that because of the internet "we can fact check your ass."

    ReplyDelete
  4. 77% believe the media lies. The other 23% are on crack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to lie anymore. No one will believe you.
    The famous line "Out dammed spot..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. The elephant in America is the media, all war criminals.

    The deep state Illuminati Bloodlines started killing Americans with #fakenews wars long, long ago.

    Listen to Field McConnell & David Hawkins on Abel Danger. They have a website & many Youtube vids "We the people" in the dark need a red, pill, enema~! #pedogate #releasethevideo #Q

    #FacebookpayUS17500 #softkill ills

    ReplyDelete