All errors should be reported to DonSurber@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

If CNN cannot take it, don't dish it out

CNN anchor Alisyn Camerota is butt-hurt because people say mean things about her. Anonymously.

I will say this very publicly: she and her network are hypocrites who love to dish it out, but cannot take it.



She sits alongside anchor Chris Cuomo -- a Democrat whose father and brother were elected governor of New York -- giving Republicans hell in interview after interview.

Her network is on a vendetta to undermine the duly elected government of President Trump, often broadcasting Fake News and unvetted leaks by Democrats, who seek to overthrow the government by questionable legal means (the Emolument Clause, et cetera).

Today, she pulled the plug on her Twitter account because people say mean things about her.

So?

Anonymously.

So?

That is what Twitter does. It allows the public to talk back.

CNN doesn't. I could not find her email address nor could I comment on her column.

She and her network have that right.

But I call it what it is: The Right to Be Crybabies.

From Crybaby Alisyn Camerota, in an open letter to Twitter -- a thing not a being:
But something's happened to you. You're a shadow of your former self, the one I was first attracted to. It's no fun to be with you anymore. You've become mean and verbally abusive. In fact, you gross me out. You're a cesspool of spleen-venting from people who think it's acceptable to insult other people in public and anonymously.
I don't mean to be harsh. Occasionally, you do let a nice, thoughtful person sneak through with a positive comment or constructive criticism. And I want you to know how much those messages have meant to me.
It's wonderful to get compliments -- and you've certainly given me folders full. I've also appreciated the respectful disagreement from kind followers who have opened my eyes to angles and insights I hadn't considered. For years, these comments made all the negativity worth it -- especially coming from those users who stood up for me and fought the trolls on my behalf. God bless them. But I feel bad having others fight my fights. Like me, I'm sure they're busy with jobs and children to raise and don't have time for the hate.
People say mean things. They should only compliment her. She is a goddess, don't you know?

As she only wants compliment, I offer mine.

She has a nice salary.

I am sure she and her network feel they are entitled to live in their bubble and not have to listen to mean things people say. They work hard, they try to do their job right, and they want to change the world.

But lots of people work hard in less glamorous positions. Plumbers, electricians, paralegals. And they do their job right. And they are changing the world.

They get bitched at, too.

In the 20th century, newspapers and the rest of the media could get away with one-way communication. Not any more. Perhaps choosing to live in the past is why CNN is last among the three cable channels.

Meanwhile my comments are open, and I post my email address in the "About Me" post in the right-side column. It is DonSurber@GMail.com

And I am still on Twitter. Follow me.




Caution: Readers occasionally may laugh out loud at the media as they read this account of Trump's election.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.



Caution: Readers occasionally may laugh out loud at the media as they read this account of Trump's nomination.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.

Autographed copies of both books are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

Friend me on Facebook.

16 comments:

  1. I saw her interview John Sununu not too long ago. He was scathing. She came off as a total airhead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The left is so intolerant. The only website I've been banned from is left leaning The Hill. Why? Because I pointed out in a Bernie Sanders piece that he earned $1 million last year, bought his third house through a tax avoiding trust and he and his wife were under investigation for financial fraud. That got me temporarily banned. When I was allowed back on I responded to anti Trump trolls with a list of about 40 Trump accomplishments in less than 6 months. That did it. I'm banned for good now.

    Don't confuse them with the truth. It's TOOOOO painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wear it as a Medal of Valor, Poopsie, and keep up the good fight. We have these bastards on the run. Drive em into the Chesapeake.

      Delete
    2. they just gum up the navy's ship propellers.

      Delete
    3. I guess I'll go to The Hill and mention Maxine Waters' $4,000,000/9000 square foot mansion.

      Delete
  3. CNN reserves the right to trash others and request only compliments in return. Part of the privileged class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have open comments and publish your Email address. But, then, you are an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is this person. Why should I care what "she" is whining about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's CNNs version of Megyn Kelly -- snarky, femnazi aggressive, and full of herself.

      Delete
  6. All this winning.....that's as close to whining as I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor, poor, pitiful her. Bummer to be her. Life is hard and life is real, though mostly not for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Lili von Schtupp put it, "Ain't it a fwiggin' shame?!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don Surber allows comments from and and all, anonymously, if need be!
    CNN has allowed comments, not even fakebook comments, for years, now.
    They doth protest too much

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any and all...
    CNN does NOT allow comments...
    (Sorry for the grammar errors there)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine PRESIDENT Trump also prefers compliments to the hate-filled innuendo propagated on CNN, but you don't see him exiting twitter on account of it! lol

    ReplyDelete