Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Father's Day story

My research takes me hither and yon, and today it took me to a profile of Donald Trump Jr. by Alex Williams in the New York Times on November 19, 2006.

Junior had just shared his first anniversary with his wife, Vanessa.

From the story:
“I’m at this fashion show,” Ms. Trump said, recalling their meeting in 2003. “Donald Trump comes up to me with his son: ‘Hi, I’m Donald Trump. I wanted to introduce you to my son Donald Trump Jr.’ ”
The three engaged in a brief, awkward conversation.
At intermission, the elder Mr. Trump again noticed a gorgeous girl nearby.
“Donald comes back up to me again, ‘I don’t think you’ve met my son Donald Trump Jr.,’ ” Vanessa Trump recalled. She remembers responding, “Yeah, we just met, five minutes ago.”
Vanessa looked at the younger Mr. Trump “like we’re taking crazy pills,” he recalled. “You know, I’m 25 at the time, I did perfectly well with girls. It wasn’t really my M.O. to have my father try to pick up girls for me.”
Six weeks later, at a birthday party at the downtown restaurant Butter, they were introduced a third time, this time by a mutual friend. Neither remembered the other. “We talked for an hour,” she recalled.
Then suddenly, something clicked: Wait, you were at that fashion show. Wait, you’re ...
“ ... the one with the retarded dad!” Ms. Trump blurted out.
Five children later, I don't think Grandpa Trump minds.

Then again, he knew they were made for each other before they did.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Happy Father's Day.


Hate the media? Love the Trump?
Read the best two books on the subject.




On November 8, 2016, the American people said, "Trump the Establishment!"

Now read the book that explains how and why the press missed this historic election.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.


And then read the original, "Trump the Press," which chronicled and mocked how the media missed Trump's nomination.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback

Autographed copies of both books are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

Friend me on Facebook.

7 comments:

  1. If that's retarded, how do I become an idiot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subscribe to the Charleston Gazette....

      Delete
  2. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Butter restaurant will be in the liberal crosshairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMGA! Make Marriage Great Again. Attaboy Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete