Friday, May 12, 2017

Responses to tweets

After Twitter suspended him and threatened his job as a law professor, Glenn Reynolds decided to use Twitter only to promote his site. He wondered aloud why he has provided Twitter with content for free.

Months later, I wonder the same thing. So maybe I should just post my responses to tweets here.

Some are funny. Some are not.
Now we know that journalists write skits, not news stories.

Be glad it wasn't Scottish -- they eat haggis.

Periodic reminder that this was kosher, while Obama's wiretapping was not.

You want him to join The Resistance?

We always knew Keith would end up as one of those guys walking around New York carry a "The End Is Near" sign.

Also, any librarians who know about his not returning books on time when he was a kid are asked to call Keith at 1-800-LOO-NYTUNES.

Well, they have that Sunday paper to fill.

And what Politico has said it has said since before canning Comey. (Well, except for the part where Politico said he should be canned.)

We're beheading Muslims?


(In Jackie Mason voice) NBC has a news division?

That aged well.

The Cleveland Browns, celebrating the 19th year of their five-year plan.

New Browns bumper sticker: "My OTHER team is the Cavaliers."

On November 8, 2016, the American people said, "Trump the Establishment!"

Now read the book that explains how and why the press missed this historic the election.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.


And then read the original, "Trump the Press," which chronicled and mocked how the media missed Trump's nomination.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback

Autographed copies of both books are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

Friend me on Facebook.

11 comments:

  1. I think the special prosecutor thing is a good idea. But why wait for that? Let's just hang Obama by his neck over a cage full of hyenas right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you threw him into a cage containing three Hyenas, what you would have is a cage with four hyenas.

      Delete
  2. I have avoided twitter like the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have avoided Twitter. I'm proud not to be a twit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batching your tweets together like this is a good way to organize them. That way I can avoid them all at once by scrolling past them. If it's on Twitter, I am not interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would seem to me that "not supporting Twitter" means don't read Tweets and don't respond to them - anywhere.

    If I didn't see Tweets on blogs, I would never see tweets because I don't even have and account. Even if I liked the medium, I am too long-winded to respond in 140 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irish food??? Green Beer? YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate twitter. The stuff posted (I'm looking at you, Don Surber) is short random strings usually devoid of meaning. without an investigation I am unwilling to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hated it since 2010.

      If you do exactly what you say, type random garbage, you'll have 5,000 followers in less than 24 hours. Then, if you don't follow them you'll lose 5,000 followers in the next 24 hours.

      It's some sort of algorithm developed by Alan Turing.

      Delete
  8. Where's the like buttons?

    It's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete