All errors should be reported to DonSurber@gmail.com

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Democrat's charity gave only 0.1% to charity

A federal jury has convicted Democratic former Congresswoman Corrine Brown of Florida, 70, of 18 counts in her corruption trial. Brown had misspent money given to her charity, “One Door For Education.”

It was a Hillary-style charity that shook down donors who needed help in Washington.

From ABC's First Coast News, her official statement:
"While I respect the jury's decision, I disagree with it and I want to make it clear that I maintain my innocence. I did not commit these crimes and I intend to file a motion for a new trial. I will continue to stand on my record of decades of faithful service to this community and the nation. I have a long record of charitable service to the community and that will continue even during this process. I want to thank my family and friends for their prayers and support during this difficult time. I ask that you continue to pray for and support me. This fight is not over and as I'm sure you know I will continue to fight to clear my name and restore my reputation."
Pfffbt.

Acting U.S. Attorney Kenneth A. Blanco released his statement:
“Former Congresswoman Corrine Brown violated the public trust, the honor of her position, and the integrity of the American system of government when she abused one of the most powerful positions in the nation for her own personal gain.  She shamefully deprived needy children of hundreds of thousands of dollars that could have helped with their education and improved their opportunities for advancement, and she lied to the IRS and the American public about secret cash deposits into her personal bank accounts.
“The Department of Justice is committed to fighting corruption and fraud wherever we find it, at all levels of government, regardless of their power and influence.”
She served in Congress 24 years. She was a black congresswoman from a safe black congressional district courtesy of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Republican lawmakers gladly squeeze all the Democrats they can into such districts. This mandated gerrymandering is one reason Republicans maintained control of the House in the 2012 election when Democratic candidates received more votes nationally than Republicans did.

To be sure, white congressmen and Republicans are also crooks. My point is seats that are less safe might be a check on corruption.

From Independent Journalism Review:
Of the $833,000 raised by Brown's “One Door For Education” charity, only $1,200 was given to students. The remainder of that money, was used for various different purposes unrelated to the charity.
Only 0.1% went to students?

Hillary is sooooooooooo jealous.
On November 8, 2016, the American people said, "Trump the Establishment!"

Now read the book that explains how and why the press missed this historic the election.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback.


And then read the original, "Trump the Press," which chronicled and mocked how the media missed Trump's nomination.

It is available on Kindle, and in paperback

Autographed copies of both books are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

Friend me on Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nothing less than outrageious payback for her "Go Gata" speech:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Only $1200"

    Wonder which "student"? Relative of the convicted Congresswoman? Perhaps the child of someone she needed a political favor from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Translating Corrine: Since the racist American public and racist government have repeatedly denied justice to my people, I decided to exact reparations on my own. I am innocent. I deserved that money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she thoroughly enjoys her "retirement." It's too bad we can't "retire" her like they do replicants on Blade Runner. - Elric

    ReplyDelete