Thursday, February 16, 2017

Chuck Todd whinges, Rush Limbaugh roars

We misheard Trump on September 9. We thought he said,  "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with the winning."

He said whingeing, not winning.

Since November 8, there has been so much whingeing, I am bored with the whingeing.

Aren't you?

The drama queens in the media have complained without pause since the election about how unfair Trump is. They sound like Munchkins and put on a diva act that even Ru Paul would call over the top.

President Trump today used a press conference to call out media bias, and Chuck Todd sat in the corner quivering in fear, and tweeting like a child.

Todd: "This not a laughing matter.  I'm sorry, delegitimizing the press is unAmerican."

The president did not deligitimize the press. The press did. Todd never gave Trump a chance, whinged when Trump won, and made one of the dumbest statements about a president-elect on December 30:
“Look, he’s not the first president to have daddy issues. There’s nothing like a parental issue to add a chip … My name is Chuck Todd and I have a chip on my shoulder about my dad … Everybody has the chip.”
What the hell?

Comcast might want to reel the guppy in. He has more daddy issues than a stereotypical stripper -- and projects them on "everybody."

More from Todd's Twitter timeline: "Press bashing may feel good to folks but when it's done by people in power, it's corrosive. Take off your partisan hats for a second."

Get a pair, little bear.

Every president has bashed the press to some extent. Obama bashed Fox News.

Todd comes off as a snowflake with a closet of participation trophies who for the first time in his life faces adversity.

I cannot overemphasize this: the press lost its credibility in this last election. They ganged up on Trump and his 63 million supporters, and lost.

The whingeing now is giving me a headache.

Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh liked it:
“You know it is hard to say — you get caught up in the moment. But this was one of the most effective press conferences I have ever seen. The press is going to hate him even more after this. Don’t misunderstand. When I say effective, I’m talking about rallying people who voted for him to stay with him. He made a point — ‘What chaos? You’re reporting chaos. We’re not in chaos. We’re a well-oiled machine. We got one of the smoothest running machines in the history of machines. We got one of the best administrations in the history of administrations.'
“And he rattled off the achievements they’ve had here that the media is not reporting because they’re so focused on whether or not Trump worked with Russia to screw Hillary out of the presidency. And he was reassuring the people he’s on top of everything. Nothing has changed. Everything he campaigned on, he is doing. All he is doing is fulfilling campaign promises. And of course, the Democrats don’t like him. Of course, the media don’t like him. It isn’t going to stop him.”
And from Roger L. Simon:
The press in general believes and acts as if  they are a protected class. But this leads to them behaving like bulls at a corrida, rushing around everywhere, attacking every possible target until the matador arrives, focusing their attention. Yes, Trump gives them plenty of possible targets -- more than he should and doubtless would like to. On this particular occasion, he blabbed on about having won more electoral votes than anyone since Reagan, when he didn't. But this obscures the larger issues on which he is so often right and in sync with the public. And on this day, he was able to play the press like a picador, banderillero, and matador all rolled into one.
Before they get into the arena again, the press would be best to remember this: Whatever your attitude toward bullfighting (I used to like it, now I don't), ninety-nine percent of the time the matador wins.
God did not send us a perfect man -- but a man he is. Good job, Donald. Good job.

@@@

"Trump the Establishment," my look at the general election, is available in paperback at Create Space, or if you prefer or (via Instapundit) Amazon as a paperback.

The Kindle version of "Trump the Establishment" debuts March 1. Amazon is now taking orders.

This is the sequel to "Trump the Press," which covered the nomination. It is available on Kindle, or in paperback on Create Space.

Autographed copies are available by writing me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Please follow me on Twitter.

17 comments:

  1. Ain't it GREAT? I'm lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to cheer watching that press conference. DJT has the brass ones we always wanted Reps to have but somehow they never found them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They sound like Munchkins"

    Well, if said Munchkins were on certain substances, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cue up the West Virginia fight song. In three two one GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In response to the deligimizing the press is un-american, JBurton on Twitter:
    "Telling me and my friends we're bad at our jobs is un-American."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they ever make a movie of Chuck Todd's career, the disclaimer will read: "Any resemblance to persons living or dead is not only a coincidence, it's a dirty, rotten shame."

      Delete
  6. "I'm not ranting and raving, I'm just telling you you're dishonest people."

    I had to pause the video right there because I couldn't stop laughing. It was one of the funniest, most entertaining and, yes, most effective press conferences I've ever seen. The president was in total control of the room, and I loved it when he told them that he's not going to tell them about what he'll do next, like in foreign policy. And it was funny when he said some information is classified, so he supposed the media already had it.

    I think his greatest strength is that he talks like one of us, riffs and jokes and asides and all. He doesn't speak in couched terms and he doesn't leave us trying to figure out what exactly he means. He just says it outright.

    I had my doubts, but I'm loving the man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck Todd actually said: "Take off your partisan hats for a second."

    Yeah, Chuckie Baby, try taking off your political hat.

    For once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck Todd on partisanship. The audacity of a dope.

      Delete
  8. Don Surber: I had your blog cued up and was listening to Rush (multi-tasking).

    But when Rush opened up the news conference, I never got to read a word of your blog until it was over.

    Possibly the best President since Washington - he gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don Surber: I had your blog cued up and was listening to Rush (multi-tasking).

    But when Rush opened up the news conference, I never got to read a word of your blog until it was over.

    Possibly the best President since Washington - he gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trump qualified his claim about electoral votes .. he said he meant more than any other Republican Pres candidate.. meaning the Bush's in '88, '00, and '04.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes his mouth outruns his brain---when I heard him say that I thought he meant "since Reagan." At least he doesn't stutter and stammer and take 10 minutes to answer an unscripted question like ☪ظ☭ma would. Sure was fun watching it!
      -Fred

      Delete
  11. The pied-piper was replaced with a new brass Trumpet! Can ya hear us now, media?????

    ReplyDelete
  12. "the press lost its credibility in this last election."

    I have to disagree, Don. They lost it with Cronkite 45 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another reason I love Trump is that he does not pretend to be the great orator, statesman, or diplomat. He is a deal-making business guy who loves his family and really loves his country. He knows what makes people tick, and what they need. I don't like long-winded speeches or wind bags, and neither does Trump. I want action, not hot air and we've had plenty of that for a long time. I wonder if Prez Trump is going to rebuild the WH Press Room after demolishing it yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another reason ... calling Chuck Schumer "a lightweight." Damn this is FUN. I about blew my coffee across the room when he said that. I loved the warm greeting he gave the guy from BBC, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete