Thursday, February 02, 2017

75th Amazon review of "Trump the Press"

Da Tech Guy is in the house.

Peter Ingemi -- Da Tech Guy blogger -- read and enjoyed "Trump the Press."

As I read his review, I am reminded that "Trump the Press" is the Little Book That Could.

Yeah, I wrote it. That's my part. That's what I do. But its success comes from readers who spread the word around.

His Amazon Review:
A Searing Indictment of Conventional Wisdom circa 2015/2016
If you are a blogger like myself who closely followed and on occasion personally covered the presidential primaries Don Surber's excellent book Trump the Press is a trip down memory lane reminding us of all of the twists and turns of the primary campaign the debates and the reactions of the press. The confident pronouncement of people left and right concerning Mr. Trump's campaign and the difference between making pronouncements from within the media bubble and actually engaging people outside of it to see what the mood of the country and the voters within the GOP are accurately chronicled here and brings a bit of nostalgia to a political junkie like me.
But for those who do not live and breathe the political world on a daily basis it is an invaluable lesson in both the hubris of the press and the eternal truth that conventional wisdom is always exactly right...right up until the point when it isn't.
Re-reading the confident pronouncement of those who consider themselves the wisest of the wise It brought to mind one of the first events I covered as a reporter. I was in the midst of the crowd at an early Tea Party Event at the Capital talking to people 20-30 at a time and asked one such group: "How many of you trust the GOP?" Not a single hand went up.
It was those people who raised Donald Trump to the GOP nomination.
If there is anything to critique in the pages, I would have liked to see more of the desire of the press to promote Mr. Trump erroneously thinking he would be easy to beat as part of the driver of the volume (if not the friendliness) coverage we saw. I suspect we will see a bit of that in the sequel that will encompass the general election.
I would suggest going to Mr. Surber's sit and pre-ordering that book right after you buy this one here.
In the end this book is a must have, not only because it is entertaining and informative, but it's worth while to have a copy of this history handy because I suspect a lot of people are going to do their best to re-write it.
Heh.

Thank you.

We are five days away from publication of the sequel.

@@@

Please read "Trump the Press," in which I skewer media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

It covers the nomination process only. The general election is covered in a sequel, "Trump the Establishment," which will be published in paperback on Tuesday.

For autographed copies of either book, email me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Be deplorable. Follow me on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Another winning recommendation for your winning book! You done gooooooooooooooooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check his blog. I had forgotten he even existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reynolds links to him from time to time. Good writer. Almost as good as Big D!

      Delete
  3. Excellent review, and DaTechGuy has quite a following too, IIRC.

    Any day now and I'll be reading my Very Own Copy of "Trump the Establishment!" Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete