The irony is abortion likely caused Hillary Clinton to lose the 2008 election or at least the 2016 one.
It's called the Roe Effect, and James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal popularized it. According to Wikipedia, the effect holds that:
- Those who favor legal abortion are much more likely to get one than those who oppose it.
- Children usually follow their parents' political leanings.
- Therefore, pro-choice parents will have more abortions and, hence, fewer children.
- Therefore, the pro-choice population gradually shrinks in proportion to the pro-life population.
- Therefore, support for legal abortions will decline over time.
She has no children. At 48, I doubt she will.
Given that the abortion rate finally is down to pre-Roe levels, strident feminists may be a dying breed, although they may be able to maintain their numbers through adoption.
Of course, to adopt they will have to tell women they have an alternative to abortion.
Please read "Trump the Press," in which I skewer media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. "Trump the Press"is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.
It covers the nomination process only. The general election will be covered in a sequel, "Trump the Establishment."
For an autographed copy, email me at DonSurber@GMail.com
Be deplorable. Follow me on Twitter.