Sunday, January 01, 2017

New Year's Resolution for People Who Are Not White Guys

MTV ran “2017 Resolutions for White Guys” just before Christmas. As a white guy, I sure appreciate the help.

According to Gavin McInnes, the list included:
(1) “TRY TO RECOGNIZE AMERICA WAS NEVER ‘GREAT’ FOR ANYONE WHO WASN’T A WHITE GUY”
(2) “AGREE THAT BLACK LIVES MATTER IS NOT THE OPPOSITE OF ALL LIVES MATTER”
(3) “BLUE LIVES MATTER ISN’T A THING”
(4) “STOP BRAGGING ABOUT BEING WOKE”
(5) “LEARN WHAT MANSPLAINING IS AND STOP DOING IT”
And so on.

What a hoot.

I am to learn how to do The Mansplaining (apparently a new dance craze) and then not do it?

How about we just skip the learning, OK? That's how I handled The Twerking.

In reading the list (and Gavin McInnes ripped it well) I sense a lot of anger at MTV. Let me help them out with a little advice.

My New Year's Resolution for People Who Are Not White Guys is simple:
Don't blame white guys for your problems.
America is a great country for people of all races and both sexes.

We do not judge people by the color of their skin. We banned that officially fifty years ago.

A majority of the white guys in the House and two-thirds of the white guys in the Senate, and the white guy in the White House made it the law. You cannot discriminate on the basis of skin color.

Race is no longer a crutch. We have a black president. You'll have to find another excuse.

We also no longer discriminate against women, and it is great.

We are learning that women are just as good as men. Hillary Clinton was just as inept as George McGovern, Mike Dukakis, and Al Gore in her campaign.

Equality.

Men make more than women? That reflects putting in more hours, taking greater risks, and honing skills that are in greater demand. Any woman can grow up to be a petroleum engineer. It is not my fault if so many choose to be a social worker.

Petroleum engineers are in demand. They have skills society needs. That's why they start out making four times what a social worker starts at.

Unlike the “2017 Resolutions for White Guys,” my New Year's Resolution for People Who Are Not White Guys is not about me or my anger or my feelings. They do not matter. I offer it in the sincere hope of helping people improve their lives. Not blaming other people for your problems is the first step in overcoming those problems.

Losers bitch about white guys.

Winners don't care that others have more. They go out and take advantage of the opportunities America offers.

@@@

Please read "Trump the Press," in which I skewer media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

It covers the nomination process only. The general election will be covered in a sequel.

For an autographed copy, email me at DonSurber@GMail.com

Also, "Exceptional Americans" is available in paperback and on Kindle.

17 comments:

  1. "Petroleum engineers are in demand. They have skills society needs. That's why they start out making four times what a social worker starts at."

    Absolutely. I've been a Civil Engineer for 33+ yrs and there are women Civil Engineers I work with that are just as good and make the same as I do. Competence, knowledge, and demand are rewarded

    ReplyDelete
  2. MTVsplaining. Stop it, or you'll go blind, Leftards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doggone it, all my leftie acquaintances keep calling me "alt-Right," as well as racist, bigot, homophobe, islamophobe and other endearments- but I don't even know what "woke" is!

    Hard to brag about being "woke," with this level of iggnourunce, so I'll have to study up on being "woke!"

    All I know is: I woke up this morning, the sun was shining, it's a brand new year and soon we'll have a brand new President, and I thank GOD! For living long enough to see the end of our national nightmare!

    (Somehow I don't think that's what they mean by "woke," though- LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, being an Old White Guy (70) what is "Woke" mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it means you have abandoned your false consciousness, comrade.

      -Mikey NTH

      Delete
  5. My take on it is, you don't like white guys, live without all the things white guys have given you - indoor plumbing, Constitution, antibiotics, central heating, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we can argue whether America was ever "great" for non-white people in the past. But by the direction of their immigrant feet, we can determine that America was better for non-white's in the past.

    And for those who raise, "but slavery", those brought to the United Sates as slaves faired better than those who ended up elsewhere or even those who avoided slavery and remained in Africa.

    Great is a comparative and is best assessed in relation to the reality than the ideal.

    And on the upside, Democrats are less likely to be as overtly racist today as they were in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're still really good at concealing their racism with other words.

      Delete
  7. I have some plain advice for non-white guys in 2017, especially those who live in cities like Chicago: stop killing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I be woke and see Mark Sanchez plays like Obama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot to add, "Kerry is a moron."

      Delete
  9. Oh good grief, without white guys the power and water systems, among other things, would not be functioning one week from now and civilization as we know it would come to a screeching halt. White guys rule!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Farm Boy!!! God bless The Wright Brothers. Tom Edison. Neil Armstrong. I could go on. I am not ashamed to be a white man. Deal with it, haters.

      Delete
    2. Detroit! Started out as one of the richest cities in America. Corrupt black city leaders over the years turned it into a dump. Obama tried to turn all of America into a dump. What's the common denominator here? The lust for power and greed.

      Delete