"Trump the Establishment" is now on sale! Click to order.

And the Kindle version is here.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Kick the crybabies out of the newsroom

Americans of all political stripes agree on one thing: No one trusts the news media.

Legal Insurrection gave an example why.

It posted a transcript from "Morning Joe" on MSNBC:
JOE SCARBOROUGH: There was somebody that held an extraordinarily important position in American media, in print media, who brought their people together after Hillary Clinton lost and literally said, “we did the best we could do. We tried and we failed. But we did the best we could do.”
MIKA BRZEZINSKI: And there were people crying.
JOE: And there were people crying in this newsroom. I’m not going to say which newsroom it is, and it was a very big newsroom. And said we did the best —
MIKE BARNICLE: You’re down to three papers!
JOE: You’re damn straight I am. And that’s the problem.
MIKA: I think it’s okay if you’re doing your job, but we’re not robots.
JOE: Willie and I, though, were talking about this with three weeks left in the campaign. It was almost like they were playing to history saying, we are the resistance and we want to tell our grandkids that we stood in the way of Donald Trump. Instead of reporting about Donald Trump.
MIKA: There is that.
WILLIE GEIST: Well I also think a lot of reporters thought that was a safe position at that point. Because they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win, they’d be on the right side of history, the way they looked at it.
So you have a journalist stating that journalists at the New York Times, Washington Post, or Wall Street Journal cried when Hillary lost.

And you have someone defending this.

If I owned that newspaper, none of those crybabies would be working for me.

There is no crying in journalism.

If you cry over politics, then you not only are a partisan who has no business being in a newsroom as a reporter or copy editor, but you are mentally ill.

Go see a shrink. Take some pills.

I am serious. No politician is worth your tears, unless you are a relative or paid staffer.

Mom dies, cry.

A politician loses, meh.

@@@

Please read "Trump the Press," in which I skewer media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

It covers the nomination process only. The general election will be covered in a sequel, "Trump the Establishment."

For an autographed copy, email me at DonSurber@GMail.com

The price is $25 and includes shipping.

Be deplorable. Follow me on Twitter.

11 comments:

  1. It was the NYT, IIRC. Can't remember where I saw the story, but NYT is the one that is kicking the crap out of my cranium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deploraphobia doesn't belong in a newsroom.

    An exception could be made for tears in the old days if you didn't manage to dodge the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy about the term "deploraphobic". Good one!

      Delete
  3. Face it, without the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect, the media are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.
      In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.”
      ― Michael Crichton

      Delete
    2. We lost a good one when Crichton passed.

      Delete
    3. I seem to remember a similar story about Time Magazine from the Fifties in a Henry Luce biography I once read. Might've been in David Halberstam's The Powers That Be, but I can't remember now.
      -Fred

      Delete
  4. Steve in GreensboroJanuary 20, 2017 at 7:26 PM

    I've passed the point where I will waste any mental energy on decoding the gibberings of the Fake Media. Give me their lede and I can write the essay. If I can do that, I'm not learning anything.

    Forget them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has Mike Barnicle been rehabilitated? Is he somehow back from the wilderness? And I missed it? I've seen his name multiple times today. Lest we forget, he's a plagiarist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Evan Thomas (Newsweek) admitted that the MSM is good for +5 points for the democrats in national elections. I wasn't struck in the least that he admitted it(and that's been a while back), just that I thought he may have underestimated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just goes to show the american people are smarter than any of us think.

    They know they're being lied to.

    ReplyDelete