Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

President Trump will help you pack

Governor Chris Christie's proposed cap on school salaries of $242,000 a year angered Lee Seitz, superintendent of the Parsippany schools in New Jersey six years ago.

Seitz told the Daily Record newspaper: “Because of the proposed salary caps, I have to look at my future and the financial welfare of my family. I certainly would have options if I didn’t feel the compensation in this district, or New Jersey, is appropriate.”

Christie said, “I will say in response to Mr. Seitz, ‘Let me help you pack.’ We have real problems in our state that we have to fix and we don’t have the time, nor the money, nor the patience any longer for people who put themselves before our citizens.”

Now as head of Trump's transition team, Christie can reach out to Hollywood -- and help them pack.

Cher:
If Trump’s elected I’m moving to Jupiter.
Well, it is not as if her brain needs oxygen.

Jon Stewart:
I would consider getting in a rocket and going to another planet, because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.
Point that rocket to Uranus, Stewart.

Amy Schumer:
My act will change because I will need to learn to speak Spanish, because I will move to Spain or somewhere. It’s beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It’s just too crazy.
When she does, she will finally make me laugh.

A few days ago, Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston said if Trump's elected, he will move:
Absolutely. I would definitely move. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t. It wouldn’t be a vacation. I’d be an expatriate.
That would be breaking good.

Samuel L. Jackson:
If That Motherf****r Becomes President I Will Move my Black Ass to South Africa.
Hope there are no snakes on that plane.

Justice Ruth Ginsburg:
Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand. I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.
Sadly, she reneged on the promise a few days later.

Al Sharpton:
If Donald Trump is the nominee, I'm open to support anyone [else], while I'm also reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins, only because he'd probably have me deported anyway.
How will MSNBC survive?

Comic George Lopez:
If he wins, he won’t have to worry about immigration, we’ll all go back!
Dude, you were born in Los Angeles.

They were not serious. Lena Dunham of Girls was:
I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver and I can get my work done from there.
Canada. It's always Canada. Never Mexico.

Barbra Streisand on the Australian 60 Minutes:
I’m either coming to your country, if you’ll let me in, or Canada.
Australia has strict immigration laws. Irony, thy name is liberal.

Sadly, Christie never had the chance to help Mister Seitz pack. He stayed on as superintendent three more years, retiring in May 2013. A year ago, he returned as superintendent.

None of these celebs will leave either.

Sigh.


@@@

Book plug: "Trump the Press" skewers media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. I use my deadliest weapon: their own words. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

Sequel is coming.

10 comments:

  1. Lois Lerner, pack your bags.

    For prison.

    It's time for an honest DOJ to clean up the IRS criminality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means, there should be a cap on the salaries of ALL persons employed by taxpayers.
    As for the various threats to leave the country upon Trump's election, I say good riddance. The sooner they leave, the better. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  3. The business, and I do mean business, of allowing these Bozos to retire and then go back to work pulling in a full salary as well as their retirement, has got to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Samuel L. Jackson:

    If That Motherf****r Becomes President I Will Move my Black Ass to South Africa.

    Hope there are no snakes on that plane." There will be ONE snake on that plane, IF he keeps his word to leave. My bet? He LIED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I humbly apologize for doubting that President Elect Trump would win. Unfortunately I live in CO which went to Her. Too many from CA here. It is too bad that the "entertainers" will not follow through with their promises, maybe they can take a few NFL jerks with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait. Some of these people have been subversives for 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RBG probably reneged on her threat to move because she realized it would just give President Trump another SCOTUS vacancy to fill. Look for her to hang on like a leech to try to outlast Trump's 4 years (or maybe 8 years).

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a really bully pulpit I would daily remind them of their threats to leave and ask why they haven't.
    As an aside, 25% of government workers supposedly would quit if Trump was elected. Good, one way to reduce government expenditures and streamline the bureaucracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25% is a good starting point, especially since they 'self-select' - we won't have to break anyone's personal lives because it's their own choice to leave.

      Now if we're lucky - it'll be the higher level operatives in all the major (dead-weight) cabinet agencies...

      My guess is if they are't removed, one way or another - it will be very hard to institute much in the way of reform, let alone 'slimming and/or elimination' of *any* agencies.

      Delete