Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Monday, November 28, 2016

How the media handles Twitter

Or how to get blocked by a media type in two tweets.

I have this down to a science.




...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I am blocked.

Tom Nichols is, according to Tom Nichols, a "Professor @NavalWarCollege and @HarvardEXT. Fmr US Senate aide. Sr. Cont. @FDRLST. New book: The Death of Expertise (Winter 2017). Dad, cat guy. Views my own."

I was not following him, but someone I follow re-tweeted and I decided to have fun.

But people who are so serious never have fun. Fun is the one thing that money can't buy.

He joins John Podhoretz, several National Review writers, a few New York Times writers, and a few others in blocking me.

Bill Kristol not only has not blocked me but he follows me. I appreciate that, and respect him for that.

I once blocked a few people. But now that I am retired from the media, I have adopted a more Bill Kristol attitude toward critics. Just spell it right:

D-O-N 
S-U-R-B-E-R

@@@

"Trump the Press" skewers media experts who wrongly predicted Trump would lose the Republican nomination. I use my deadliest weapon: their own words. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

I thank the readers of "Trump the Press," and I thank the 46 readers who left Amazon reviews. It was very fun to write and I am delighted that so many people enjoyed it. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm guessing @HarvardEXT torpedoed his @NavalWarCollege, and his Fmr US Senate aide time did not involve the Electoral College, being all popular vote. Resistant to learning is not a good way to go thru life, guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last I checked, It was HiLlARy who was questioning the popular vote. I guess she found a few thousand more stuffed ballot boxes.
    Then again, we all should question the popular vote.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/332480549/Do-Non-Citizens-Vote-in-US-Elections-Richman-Research-Study

    ReplyDelete
  3. What that Nichols ninny can't process is that the Electoral College = the popular vote IN THE RESPECTIVE STATES.

    That's what elects presidents: the popular votes totals in a UNION OF STATES, so every state gets represented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Demmies love to try to move the goalpost when things don't go their way. Sour grapes. Sore losers. I'll be damned if some illegal alien or dead person in Cali cancels out my vote here in WV, where The Donald squeaked out a 32 percentage point win. Go to hell, Progs...go straight to hell.

      Delete
  4. But have you been blocked by Michael Mann?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't that be Sgt/Major Surber? As for the bonehead, we have a word in Texas. It is not said in the short nippy was most people say it, but long and drawn out like we enjoy saying it. The word? Asshole. It's perfect because it only insults the recipient and not his long suffering mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arghh! Kling-Don on the starboard bow! Shields up to repel incoming transmission!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not even know this guy existed and went to his twitter feed to get blocked. Surprise, I'm already blocked. WTF? Where's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am proud to say I have been blocked from Mother Jones. They simply cannot tolerate anyone asking questions that challenge the narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Major Tom blocked me too. So did Salon.

    ReplyDelete