But as she seeks higher office, what does she have to offer American voters?
That she is a woman?
Well, so is Dolly Parton, and I would rather see Dolly Parton on the two-dollar-bill.
Sarah Palin actually could do the job of president, having served as governor of Alaska.
I get what Trump has to offer: Shutting the borders, renegotiating trade deals and NATO, fighting Islamic terrorism in a more effective way, and making America great again.
What does Hillary offer?
From PolitiFact (which shares at least one major donor with the Clinton Foundation) her top 10 promises, in order of importance:
1. "For families making less than $125,000 a year, we will eliminate tuition" for in-state students at public colleges.These are all small, petty things that show no grand vision of America. They come from a policy wonk - a planner -- a scold -- and not a do-er. Many of the things we already have; equal pay has been the law since 1963 and background checks since 1968 (yes, even at gun shows for federally licensed dealers). The first thing is something she has no control of as states and universities set the tuition.
2. "Pass comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship that keeps families together."
3. "Stand up to Republican-led attacks on this landmark (health care) law—and build on its success to bring the promise of affordable health care to more people and make a ‘public option’ possible."
4. "We will do everything we can to overturn Citizens United."
5. "Fighting for equal pay."
6. "I will not raise middle-class taxes."
7. "Say no to attacks on working families and no to bad trade deals and unfair trade practices, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership."
8. "We’re going to increase the federal minimum wage."
9. "As president, Hillary will expand background checks to more gun sales."
10. "Clinton would increase federal infrastructure funding by $275 billion over a five-year period."
She wants amnesty for illegal aliens, Obamacare, and censorship of political ads.
Trump offers a vision of a strong America that is great again.
She offers nothing.
My new book, "Trump the Press," is a fun read that details how the experts missed the rise of Trump. Read the reviews in the right column.
Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.
The book also available in Kindle and as a paperback on Amazon.
Autographed copies area available. Email me at DonSurber@GMail.com for details. Also email me if you have suggestions for a sequel.