The things in boldface are what he said he will do in his first 10 days, followed by my comments.
FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
A nothing burger. Congress is not for limiting its terms. Besides you need approval from 38 states; Republicans control only 31 legislatures.SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
Absolutely. He outdid Reagan on that one.THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
That will be wonderful. As chief executive, he does not need congressional approval.FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
Two problems. One, Congress won't do limit itself. Two, it reduces the pool of job applicants. However, do we really want the FLA (Future Lobbyists of America) running the White House?FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
Won't be enforced except on conservatives.SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Already the law. It goes unenforced. Hillary dodged it with her foundation.Pelosi has a foundation. Obama is getting one.Trump then said, "On the same day, I will begin taking the following seven actions to protect American workers."
FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.
Good. NAFTA has not worked as advertised. Mexico got our manufacturing jobs. We got retail.SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Good. Negotiated by anti-American globalists with anti-American globalists for anti-American globalists.THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
Good. This will trigger possible sanctions,FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.
Good. Very Reaganesque.FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
Good. The enviros will delay this through the courts. A battle royale that is long overdue. However, some of those restrictions (offshore drilling) are popular and a few may be necessary.SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.
Good. End Warren Buffett's monopoly on North Dakota oil transport,SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
Good. But I doubt that will generate much money.Five other actions:
FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
Proof is in the pudding.SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Good. If you cannot think of a better reason to vote for him.THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.
Nice try but it will not happen. Congress is too chicken to impose sanctions.FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.
Wall? Not all? However, this may be meaner, and hence, better.FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Your "Muslim ban."Finally, he offered a ten-item shopping list for Santa Congress.
- Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
Trump is the most policy-driven presidential candidate in the history of this nation.
He's upfront about his agenda. I like that.
Like the post? Then please read "Trump the Press," a fun romp through the Republican nomination that uses the deadliest weapon to skewer the media experts: their own words. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.