Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Look how far Megyn has fallen

Eight months ago, Megyn Kelly made the cover of Vanity Fair. "Don't Mess With Megyn Kelly," the magazine headline warned. "Fox News Brightest, Toughest Star."

Eight months later she has done the impossible. Her show is behind Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper in the ratings. On Tuesday night, the wannabe slayer of the Trump dragon reduced herself to arguing with a Fox News contributor over whether she is obsessed with Trump's sex life.



She got in a tussle with Newt Gingrich, who has the Alan Colmes role of providing a countervailing foil to Fox News wisdom.

Depending on which side you are on, you either think Newt won or Megyn did.

Anna North of the New York Times:
If you’re concerned about the assault allegations against Donald Trump, are you “fascinated with sex”?
That’s the claim Newt Gingrich seemed to make on Tuesday night, when he accused Megyn Kelly and Fox News of covering the allegations too aggressively and ignoring the issue of Hillary Clinton’s speeches.
“You want to go back through the tapes of your show recently?” he asked. “You are fascinated with sex and you don’t care about public policy.”
I didn't have the TV on. I was watching the World Series. That's how bored I was. Just kidding. Just kidding. I was working. I didn't have the TV on.
So I started getting notes from my friends. It's fascinating when you get a note and people tell you something you haven't seen. They create expectations, and what I thought I was gonna see was Newt Gingrich mopping the floor with Megyn Kelly. Everybody that sent me a note said (shouting), "Oh, my God! This is so great! Newt just took her down. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! It's great! It's about time something like this happened. You should see it. You should see it. Newt just cleaned up." So I'm expecting that when I watch this, and that's not what I saw.
From the standpoint thumbs up or thumbs down for Trump, that's not what I saw. 
For the past year, Megyn Kelly has campaigned for a bigger salary than O'Reilly's. Her champion is Rupert Murdoch, not Roger Ailes. She views herself as the Dragon Lady of cable news. And maybe she will get a big contract. Who knows?

But I see a lot of fail. Her attempt to go prime time on the Fox broadcast network bombed in May. The ratings are an embarrassment as her show is sandwiched between the No. 1 guy in cable news and the No. 2. Trying to be the stone in Trump's shoe is dumb when we already have Maddow and Cooper offering the same tripe.

True, she was the talk of the media after her confrontation, but she did not confront Trump. She confronted a has-been politician (he last held office 18 years ago) turned successful lobbyist who is a second-string surrogate for the Big Game that Megyn Kelly cannot hunt. I do not see that as anything but a reminder that Megyn Kelly confronted Trump a year ago and has slowly diminished before our very eyes.

@@@

Please read "Trump the Press." I eviscerated Megyn Kelly in one chapter. The book is a fun romp that uses the deadliest weapon to skewer the media experts: their own words. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

7 comments:

  1. She is one of the many thousands of people to whom I pay no attention. Could be a one-trick pony. Could be a woman whose brain can't support her looks. I dunno. I can't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am repulsed by the "tough guy" image that womyn like this Megyn Kelly twerp try to project. She ain't tough and she ain't a guy. She practices this leftist, gutter, gotcha "journalism", which I find incredibly uninteresting, childish, and boringly predictable (ho hum). Kelly is an intellectual lightweight who is way over her head. She is shallow, pathetic, and spectacularly unaccomplished. I am at a loss as to why anyone would listen to what she has to say about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She tried to imitate Rachel Madcow. When you do that the original wins. As Ann Coulter once said, "When given the choice between a real Dimocrat and a fake Dimocrat, the real Dimocrat wins. Ask Johnny Maverick McRINO and Mittens Romneycar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all knew this was coming (and said so) when Miss Fivehead got a new hairstyle way back then. It was explicitly clear from the makeover she was launching a campaign for a bigger contract. She's a hustler. FOX has fallen so far, her hustle might work. No matter. With the departure of Ailes, FOX will continue to lose its audience after the election, whether Trump wins or Hitlery wins. The goose that laid the golden eggs is cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am repulsed by the "tough guy" image that womyn like this Megyn Kelly twerp try to project. She ain't tough and she ain't a guy. She practices this leftist, gutter, gotcha "journalism", which I find incredibly uninteresting, childish, and boringly predictable (ho hum). Kelly is an intellectual lightweight who is way over her head. She is shallow, pathetic, and spectacularly unaccomplished. I am at a loss as to why anyone would listen to what she has to say about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd describe her as a bully. Not a good image for young girls. Wasn't there a campaign, #ActToChange, led out of the White House if I recall, against bullying?

      Delete
  6. I read "Trump the Press" last month and put up a 5 star review just this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete