Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I hope bullying Trump supporters backfires

The trials and tribulations of Trump supporters is outside my ken. I live in West Virginia where Trump supporters are in such a majority that some Democrats are siding with him in a vain effort to win election. But elsewhere, the struggle is real. Scott Adams -- creator of Dilbert -- believes bullying Trump supporters will backfire.

Scott Adams earlier endorsed Hillary because he lives in California and feared reprisals. In short, his vote doesn't mater, so why bother risking a car being keyed, an egg being thrown, or an elbow to the jaw?

Then he flipped to Gary Johnson upon hearing rumors of Trump copping feels.

But now he flipped again:
I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms. 
I don’t defend Trump’s personal life. Neither Trump nor Clinton are role models for our children. Let’s call that a tie, at worst.
The bullies are welcome to drown in their own bile while those of us who want a better world do what we’ve been doing for hundreds of years: Work to make it better while others complain about how we’re doing it.
Today I put Trump’s odds of winning in a landslide back to 98%. Remember, I told you a few weeks ago that Trump couldn’t win unless “something changed.” 
Something just changed.
I have no idea how good a prognosticator Adams is. But he got the nomination right nine months early. And the WikiLeaks revelations show Hillary orchestrated threats of violence and intimidation, which is fascism in its infancy. That is clearly unacceptable and unAmerican.

Americans are like a Blanton Collier defense that bends but does not break.

(In 1964, his Cleveland Browns gave up the most first downs in the league -- with 20 more than any other team. Even the lowly New York Giants -- 2-10-2 that year -- gave up fewer first downs. But the Browns won the NFL championship that year on defense, shutting out Unitas and his Baltimore Colts 27-0 in the championship game.)

We are in the Red Zone now. Time to shut them out.

@@@

Please read "Trump the Press" because my big sister, Donna, called me from Iowa to tell me how much she liked it. She laughed and did not want the book to end. Well, it is a fun romp through the Republican nomination that uses the deadliest weapon to skewer the media experts: their own words. "Trump the Press" is available as a paperback, and on Kindle.

14 comments:

  1. The Democrats are pulling out all the stops and using every dirty trick they can. The media have gone into overdrive with "polls" showing Hillary ahead in order to discourage turnout for Trump. That shows desperation. Now they have been caught red-handed in their illegal coordination and subterfuges. It's time for patriotic Americans to stand together put Hillary in her proper place. Not the White House but the Big House. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beginning to look like Trump is making the same move Reagan did in '80.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reagan dominated the polls prior to his election in '80. I wish people would quit degrading Reagan's legacy by linking Trump to him.

      Delete
    2. You either weren't alive or weren't paying attention in 1980. The polls were saying "too close to call" up until election day. Even in Texas where I live, they were saying it was too close to call. Of course, I lived in Texas in 1980 and it was ridiculously obvious that Reagan was going to win big. However, the polls just couldn't seem to pick that up.

      Delete
    3. No they were not Sean. The polls did have Carter with an early-October lead but once Carter and Reagan had their one and only debate in late October - coupled with American hostages in Iran and a horrible economy - the established polls (many fewer of course than now) all shifted decidedly to Reagan before Election Day. Maybe Reagan also rallied to lead in polls because he continued to campaign, unlike Trump who is spending more time promoting his hotels and golf course than he is his campaign.

      Delete
    4. You are probably a troll, but I will play one more time.

      The final week of the 1980 polls showed Reagan with a 3 pt. lead. This is within the margin of error (i.e. too close to call):

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_polling_for_U.S._Presidential_elections#United_States_presidential_election.2C_1980

      As far as Trump, what planet are you living on? He made 5 appearances yesterday and keeps going and going.

      Delete
  3. Which West Virginia Democrats are siding with Trump? Other than Cole, I don't see any politician (outside of Bill Cole) - R or D - siding with Trump. Who are they?

    ReplyDelete

  4. I've said it before & I'll say it again: I live in the Silicon Valley and have seen several houses with Trump signs, but I have seen ZERO 'Hillary' signs bumper stickers, zero.

    Even the telephone poles at major intersections which are festooned with posters for local politicians have NO Hillary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winning ugly or winning uglier, Hillary just needs to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It used to be that the Democrats got their labor union supporters to provide the muscle and carry out all their well documented dirty tricks during the election, many of them violent, against their Republican opponents. The unions seem to be quieter this time and unless I've missed various news reports of their nefarious activities (right, fat chance of the media doing that), most of the intimidation and overt violence has been of the drive-by kind carried out by "ordinary" Democrat voters. My view of far Left leaning Democrats has always been they pose a threat to democracy. In recent times, they have behaved more openly like the Brownshirts I've always thought them to be. If Trump wins, I'm betting they will not accept the results of the election and will not stop their lawless behavior. The country is going to remain bitterly polarized. As I've said before, 2016 is beginning to look a lot like 1860. In any case, I have already cast my vote for Trump because I love Democracy and America far more than I dislike Trump's sometime vulgar behavior, which appears no worse than the vulgar behavior of St. JFK or Bill Clinton, both of whom got a pass from many on the Left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Driving through the Democrat counties of southern Indiana on Monday, I saw many Dem yard signs for every possible elective position except one that read Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in San Diego, CA North County; a region which for CA is "strongly GOP." That means roughly 45%GOP to 52%Dem (2012.)

    Here I've seen quite a few "Bernie" bumperstickers, a few "Trump" stickers (two on my car!) still lots of "Obama" stickers, but up until I saw the first one a couple of days ago on I5, no "Hillary" stickers at all. Thought I'd seen one earlier, but when I got closer it said "Hillary...For Prison!" (I agree with that sentiment entirely!)

    For as liberal a state as CA, this is uncanny. It looks like a landslide to Trump, from appearances here; but I do know that "the fix is in." Even so, it still looks like a Trump landslide to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a public service, really.

    Liberals HATE you.

    They HATE you for being an American, they HATE you for believing in the principles this country was founded on, they HATE you if you're Christian.

    And, they make a point of vomiting their HATE in your face at every possible opportunity.

    Then, they call you STUPID for not voting for their candidate.

    The more they spew their HATRED of us, the better off this country will be: because more and more people will understand that they are the enemy and will stand up and fight for what they believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Democrats in favor of illegal immigration shut down the George Washington Bridge in NY yesterday with a protest rally.

    Makes ya want to run out and vote for Hillary, don't it? I'm sure the commuters felt that way!

    ReplyDelete