Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Ratings trump Virtue Signaling

Radio talker began the crucial fall season with an announcement that he will leave Never Trump Land and join the real world -- and endorse Trump.

In so doing, Levin will actually do something to prevent the most corrupt, inept, and untrustworthy presidential nominee in history to return to the White House.

Also in so doing, Levin finally learned what the people in the hills of West Virginia, the trailer parks in Florida, and the tract housing in Brook Park, Ohio, figured out months and months ago: It's either her or him.

From Levin:
I think this is a binary election -- at least for the country -- that either Trump or Clinton will be president of the United States. I happen to think despite the CNN poll and so forth there is a lot of work to do to make up ground, particularly in battleground states. But Hillary is so awful I just don't know. I'm not in the prediction business so it doesn't matter. 
So I'm going to vote for Donald Trump. I'm going to wind up voting for Donald Trump on election day. I take no responsibility for the dumb things he says or the dumb things his surrogates say. Just as I took no responsibility for the dumb things any candidate I vote for says whether it's Congress, Senate, Supervisor, states attorney, other presidential candidates. I don't control any of these people. I don't run their campaigns and I don't advise them. 
So he climbs down from that big high hobby horse he was riding. Time to be a big boy, eat your crow, and put your country ahead of your ego.

Remember when I posted this on February 6?

From As Good As It Gets:

Carol Connelly: "Why can't I have a normal boyfriend? Just a regular boyfriend, one that doesn't go nuts on me!"
Beverly Connelly: "Everybody wants that, dear. It doesn't exist."
That's it. There is no perfect candidate. Reagan certainly wasn't. But too darned bad. We crucified the last perfect man on Earth. God ain't sending us another one. He sent us a lout. In fact he sent thousands of them. Millions. Billions. We make do with what we have got -- and we are grateful for what we do have. I look at Trump's virtues. He says stuff you don't like? Well, she does stuff that is just plain evil.

So Levin says this is a binary election -- as if that makes it unique.

At 58 and as a former White House staffer, Levin should know how elections work by now.

I have a feeling Levin is worried about ratings, because conservatives are not rallying behind any third party candidate. The CNN poll showed 71 percent of conservatives back Trump. (78 percent of liberals back her. Trump leads among moderates 49% to 25%.)

In order to maintain his conservative audience, Levin must back Trump. Does anyone really want to listen to a guy rag on their candidate day after day after day? How many Hillary supporters read my blog? I do not want them reading my blog.

They can read my book, however.


My new book on how the media blew the Republican nomination, "Trump the Press: Don Surber's take on how the pundits blew the 2016 Republican race," is now on sale.

Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space, as I get a larger royalty. It is a subsidiary of Amazon.

The book also is on Amazon.

Regardless of how you purchase this must reading for Trump supporters and media critics alike. Please post a book review on the Amazon site. That helps attract other readers.


  1. I stopped listening to Dennis Prager during the primaries for the same reason. Fortunately, he went all in on Trump as soon as Trump won the nomination. He still has the annoying inclination to attack Trump's deficiencies first, but at least he recognizes that Trump is now the last great hope for America.

  2. The only one I listen to is Rush, in my car, if he's on. That happens infrequently.

  3. Like the candidate or not, if you can't support your own party's nominee you should quit the party or be drummed out never to return. - Elric

  4. Good for Levin. Too late for his credibility, but better late than never.

    Steve in Greensboro

  5. Good for Levin-now get to work!

  6. Binary, huh?

    So the choice is between a one and a zero.

    1. After that comment, sir, I must give you a +1.

    2. Me too! Good post, brother Dave. And nice follow up by IA.

  7. His candidate not only lost big in the nominating process but is going to lose his Senate seat in Texas to Rick Perry in a couple of years. Tru-Cons = Globalists.


    1. Perry is pretty much a globalist too- remember that this is the guy who blew his chance in the primaries not once but twice, because he just couldn't stop lovin' on dem po' liddle illegals. But at least he won't be Cruz, for whom the primary was all about Ted, just Ted, and nothing but Ted.

  8. I stopped listening to Levin last year and he's going to have to work VERY hard to get me back. Meanwhile, Savage is rocking the house. Gotta know which side of your toast is being buttered, Mark...

  9. We got to the point that Savage is the one actually making sense....