Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Clint on Trump

Esquire: Your characters have become touchstones in the culture, whether it's Reagan invoking "Make my day" or now Trump … I swear he's even practiced your scowl.

Eastwood: Maybe. But he's onto something, because secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That's the kiss-ass generation we're in right now. We're really in a pussy generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren't called racist. And then when I did Gran Torino, even my associate said, "This is a really good script, but it's politically incorrect." And I said, "Good. Let me read it tonight." The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, "We're starting this immediately."

Gran Torino is my favorite Eastwood film.

The whole interview is here.


  1. Hahaha Big D!!! Yum Yum. My fave Beastwood movie too.

  2. Good Bad and the Ugly for this old timer

  3. Good Bad and the Ugly for this old timer

  4. Absolute Power [which was released during Slick Willy's 2nd term ;) ]

  5. Good interview and common sense advice. Clint has always been a classic cowboy actor, but he has played a number of other role-types as well. I was always partial to "Where Eagles Dare." My 17 year old daughter likes "Kelly's Heroes." - Elric

  6. I always wondered what Clint thought of David Rasche's "Sledge Hammer" take-off of him.

    I'm of a mind that he probably found it amusing. The secure generally do.

    Plus, if there's anything I've learnt in life, it's that, when you're the butt of a joke, you always make sure that you laugh louder than anybody else in the room.