Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Trump Does The Unthinkable"

Liz Crokin, who worked on the George W. Bush and John Kasich campaigns, has revealed the real Donald Trump in a way that makes me regret writing part of my book.

Had I known what she divulged only now, the section on Trump's good deeds would have been larger -- much, much larger.

In a column headlined, "Trump Does The Unthinkable," Crokin wrote:
As an entertainment journalist, I’ve had the opportunity to cover Trump for over a decade, and in all my years covering him I’ve never heard anything negative about the man until he announced he was running for president. Keep in mind, I got paid a lot of money to dig up dirt on celebrities like Trump for a living so a scandalous story on the famous billionaire could’ve potentially sold a lot of magazines and would’ve been a “yuge” feather in my cap. Instead, I found that he doesn’t drink alcohol or do drugs, he’s a hardworking businessman and totally devoted to his beloved wife and children. On top of that, he’s one of the most generous celebrities in the world with a heart filled with more gold than his $100 million New York penthouse.
Then she listed a few of his not-so-random acts of kindness. A few are in my book. My book has a few that she did not. Her new contributions:
In 1988, a commercial airline refused to fly Andrew Ten, a sick Orthodox Jewish child with a rare illness, across the country to get medical care because he had to travel with an elaborate life-support system. His grief stricken parents contacted Trump for help and he didn’t hesitate to send his own plane to take the child from Los Angeles to New York so he could get his treatment. 
In 1991, 200 Marines who served in Operation Desert Storm spent time at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina before they were scheduled to return home to their families. However, the Marines were told that a mistake had been made and an aircraft would not be able to take them home on their scheduled departure date. When Trump got wind of this, he sent his plane to make two trips from North Carolina to Miami to safely return the Gulf War Marines to their loved ones.
In 2008, after Jennifer Hudson’s family members were tragically murdered in Chicago, Trump put the Oscar-winning actress and her family up at his Windy City hotel for free. In addition to that, Trump’s security took extra measures to ensure Hudson and her family members were safe during such a difficult time.
There are many others. Trump is a generous man. He tips well. He likes people. He makes a positive difference in his life. He may not memorize Bible verse but he attends church and does what Jesus told us to do.

--

My new book, "Trump the Press: Don Surber's take on how the pundits blew the 2016 Republican race," is now on sale.

Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space, as I get a larger royalty. It is a subsidiary of Amazon.

The book also is on Amazon.

And its Kindle release is on July 25. Pre-order here, please.

Autographed copies are $20 each. Please email me at DonSurber@gmail.com 

Regardless of how you purchase this must reading for Trump supporters and media critics alike. Please post a book review on the Amazon site. That helps attract other readers.

10 comments:

  1. In 1988...Trump didn’t hesitate to send his own plane to take the child from Los Angeles to New York so he could get his treatment.

    Sounds like the act of a true anti-Semite, doesn't it? I'll get this off my chest here and now: as a Jew, I feel deeply ashamed by the actions of self-hating Liberal Jews and Jewish organizations like the ADL who smear Donald Trump in the service of Democrat politics. Trump may have many personal faults, which some people in good faith consider serious enough to disqualify him to be president, but I know of no evidence to indicate Trump is a bigot of any sort. I may harbor deep suspicions about Hillary Clinton in that regard, but I don't think---nor have I ever thought---it is in Trump's nature to be so. I will continue to believe that until someone can definitively prove otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marine story is pretty well-known, but that first one is what gets your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From all I've managed to garner on Trump, I've come to the same conclusion that he is indeed a decent & generous man.

    The Donald appears to posses a multi faceted personality in that there is Trump the hard (though apparently fair) businessman, looking to negotiate for what he sees as good for his enterprises.
    Then there is the good hearted ,charitable patriot who looks to share his life's good fortunes with those in need.
    Not only does he have the common touch, he has the ability to target a problem and home in on it to get solutions.
    The Washington elite would do well to get off their egotistical butts and lend a hand giving him a shot at it.

    Ha...good luck with that...I don't see too many patriots putting the needs of their country first in that dog pack.

    Don, I haven't had the pleasure of reading your book yet but I will.
    I'm sure it will 'knock it outta the park' and you can add a few more tidbits to the second edition!

    A good day to all my fellow commenters(Surberites)


    Sam C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam C, I think today's elites would probably sneer at Elvis, too.

      Delete
  4. From what I've been hearing it sounds like Mr. Trump would make a fine President of these United States. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never to be even hinted at in the NYT and WaPo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Townhall may be regaining some sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "By his worth in the light that shall search men
    And prove - ay! and justify each -
    I place him in front of all churchmen
    Who feel not, who KNOW not - but preach."

    H. Lawson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect, Dave. I've come to believe Mr Trump is the kind of Christian that our grandfathers were: they may never have spoken of God outside of church, but they internalized and sincerely tried to live the Christian Ideals. Those who criticize or question his faith, wrong him - and their own forefathers - deeply.

      Delete
  8. Aren't Jennifer Hudson's family black? I thought Trump hated black people.

    Can you imagine the two grifters BJ and Crooked Cankles doing any of this stuff? Their "charity" The Clinton Crime Family Foundation only gives 8% of its receipts to charity. The rest is a slush fund and money laundering operation for the Clintons and their cronies. Yet Crooked Cankles may be our next president. It boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete