Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Soup Nazis in DC

A soup restaurant in suburban Washington refused to serve a policewoman because she's, well, a police officer.

From the Washington Post:
An Alexandria police officer was denied service Monday evening at a local Noodles & Company, according to the department. 
Crystal Nosal, a spokeswoman for the department, said the female officer in uniform went into the Duke Street location of the chain restaurant for dinner and stood in line behind a family. A female cook came out from the back of the restaurant and told the cashier, “‘You better pull me off the line, because I’m not cooking for,” then gestured at the officer, according to Nosal.
Nosal said the cashier looked confused before spotting the officer and laughing. The officer then said, according to Nosal, “I guess you don’t want my money,” and left. 
Good idea. Forcing the cook to cook for you would result in eating spit.

The restaurant is part of a national chain. Within hours, the manager posted a "Blue Lives Matter" sign. That makes everything all better.

I still wouldn't eat there.


  1. I remember working as a busboy. I don't recall setting restaurant policy.

    -Mikey NTH

  2. How do they know she was a soup "Nazi?" Did she have a "Hitler" moustache? - Elric

    1. I don't watch much TV, never did, but I've seen a few, and I have seen the Soup Nazi in action - "No soup for you!" Some of Mr. Surber's posts elicit thoughtful and pithy comments and some of them just call for some snark. As much as the word "Nazi" has been bantered about lately, I couldn't resist a little snark. - Elric

  3. On the other hand, the baker MUST MUST MUST bake a cake for a gay wedding. The happy couple shouldn't be required to find a baker willing to take their money.

  4. I'll bet the soup Nazi wasn't fired or disciplined. Make the chains hurt. Get the people fired who pull this crap. I couldn't get through the WashPo's paywall but I'll be willing to bet there was one thing missing in this article: the race of the cook. I'll bet she was black.

  5. www_noodles_com (replace _ as appropriate)

    Giv'em some love. And they are trending on Facebook. Guess why.