Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

10th Amazon review of "Trump the Press"

A longtime reader of this blog made my day by reviewing "Trump the Press" on Amazon. I mean he goes back to 2005, before I newspaper blogged. Please enjoy the review, and after reading the bok, post your own review.

From Michael E. Wallster:
Trump Trump Trump, the boys are marching
Don Surber’s latest book is a smashing success; it’s witty, informative, insightful and a hell of a lot of fun to read. Surber shows us over and over again how the pundits (our intellectual betters) missed the boat on Donald Trump’s popularity among the great unwashed. They assured us he didn’t have a chance, that because of his outspokenness he would shoot himself in the foot, and (my favorite part of the book) how he had “peaked” multiple times. With astounding hubris, they assure us the Trump Train will eventually run off the rails and crash.
The pundits’ blindness to Trump’s success among his supporters is made crystal clear, the book’s many quotes reveal how often they are dazzled by their own writing ability and skill with the nasty put-down. After reading so many of these quotes, one can’t help but wonder if the put-downs were conceived first and their column was fashioned around them, or vice versa.
Even those with only a passing interest in politics will find this book interesting, if not fascinating. I suspect the innovative style of this book will be copied in the years to come, but what can’t be copied is Surber’s deceptively simple writing style (he’s nothing if not an excellent communicator) and warm humor he brings to the book. For those of us who are fans of Don’s daily blog, this is an early Christmas present.
Woody Allen, from Annie Hall:
You know, it's one thing about intellectuals, they prove that you can be absolutely brilliant and have no idea what's going on.
Ah, Annie Hall. Great movie.

7 comments:

  1. I'm reading it for a second time today and enjoying it more than the first! Don hit a Bryce Harper homer with this book. Third deck, almost out of the park. And the way the media went all fourteen year old on DJT about his Russia comment? Hahaha. He OWNS those fools. Good. Finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that last comment from Woody Allen. I live in a university town. One day a lady told me, "I'm surrounded by the smartest people in the world in my neighborhood, and none of them has the sense to come in out of the rain." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I note that there are 10 reviews and all, All, ALL rate the book at 5 Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because Surber's book is that good. I think of it as a reference book. Which reminds me... Don, would it be possible to include an index in the sequel?

      Delete
  4. I note a point of similarity between Our Don and The Donald.

    Wishing them luck is neighborly but unnecessary, because they make their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Hillary's America': Rush Limbaugh Interviews Dinesh D'Souza

    http://commoncts.blogspot.com/2016/07/hillarys-america-rush-limbaugh.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mailman just delivered my copy, I'm sure looking forward to getting into it! Thanks, Don- the inscription is just what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete