Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

What kind of father Trump is

Coming soon -- "Trump the Press: Don Surber's take on how the pundits blew the 2016 Republican race."


  1. He wants them to understand the working stiffs who built their fortune.

    1. Makes me think he's smarter than he gets credit for.

  2. As David "Sourpuss" Letterman might say, "Chelsea, meet Ivanka. Ivanka meet Chelsea." Compare and contrast the children. Which one got enormous unearned advantages because of family connections? Which one was brought up with the attitude of being entitled? There are a lot of things about DJT that I dislike, but I do like the way he and his wives brought up his children. That counts a lot when I evaluate him. Ditto BHO: a terrible president, but from all that I can see, a pretty darn good father to his daughters. At the end of one's days, for each individual, it all comes down to family.

  3. I don't have much confidence in work experience for character formation or political predilection. One early memory Al Gore used to like to tell people was about how his dad gave him a scythe and told him to clear a field by hand. My dad did the same thing to me. Gore and I are worlds apart in every way.

  4. There is something in getting directly involved with the application of running a place. Years ago, out of high school, I worked in a park and campground. From cleaning lavatories to the garbage truck to wielding a litter stick to supervising all on a shift I learned that it isn't as easy as it looks from the guest side.

    -Mikey NTH

  5. I read where real billionaires like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have no intention of passing their fortunes on to their children and have set up YUUGE charitable endowments. Donnie has such an endowment but it is rather small since he doesn't have much charity in his soul. Charity begins at home they say.