This election will be about which of two directions this nation will take. As with the Republican race, these ideas are more important than the personalities. This is why Trump could bungle and bumble his way through the process and win as a rookie politician. He was saying one thing, 16 others were saying the opposite. He won.
Now we hear Trump is just like Hillary.
Let's run down the list.
1. The border. He builds a wall. She grants amnesty.
2. Foreign policy. He puts America First. She kumbayas.
3. Free trade. He renegotiates. She counts her money from foreign dictators.
4. Budget. He balances it. She counts her money from Wall Street.
5. Coal. He's for it. She's opposed.
I get that he does not have a 40-page policy statement or power point presentation on everything from the environment to women's issues (whatever the heck they are). But he gets the big thing right.
16 Republicans went small. He went big.
We can continue down this path to Bill Ayers America, or work our way back to Eisenhower's.