Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mitt, I want by 2012 vote back

Many people held their nose four years ago and voted for Mitt Romney.

Here is how he returned the favor on Facebook:
It is disqualifying for a modern-day presidential nominee to refuse to release tax returns to the voters, especially one who has not been subject to public scrutiny in either military or public service. Tax returns provide the public with its sole confirmation of the veracity of a candidate's representations regarding charities, priorities, wealth, tax conformance, and conflicts of interest. Further, while not a likely circumstance, the potential for hidden inappropriate associations with foreign entities, criminal organizations, or other unsavory groups is simply too great a risk to ignore for someone who is seeking to become commander-in-chief.
Mr. Trump says he is being audited. So? There is nothing that prevents releasing tax returns that are being audited. Further, he could release returns for the years immediately prior to the years under audit. There is only one logical explanation for Mr. Trump's refusal to release his returns: there is a bombshell in them. Given Mr. Trump's equanimity with other flaws in his history, we can only assume it's a bombshell of unusual size.
(Anticipating inquiries regarding my own tax release history, I released my 2010 tax returns in January of 2012 and I released my 2011 tax returns as soon as they were completed, in September of 2012.)
This is a nontroversy that shows Mitt is a bitter old man who blew a chip shot to the presidency in 2012. What he left out was even after he released this, Harry Reid lied and said Romney had not paid taxes for 10 years.

Romney did not defend himself.

Trump did.

20 comments:

  1. Harry Reid lied and said Romney had not paid taxes for 10 years.

    Romney did not defend himself.

    My Dad always said: "Silence is Consent" - ie, if he didn't defend himself, in effect he agreed with Reid that he did do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Reid lied and said Romney had not paid taxes for 10 years.

    Romney did not defend himself.

    My Dad always said: "Silence is Consent" - ie, if he didn't defend himself, in effect he agreed with Reid that he did do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I held my nose and voted for Mittens Romneycare just like I held my nose and voted for McRINO. Actually, the only reason I voted for McRINO was Sarah Palin. I liked her far better than McRINO. I still do. Both men are showing what buttheads they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +1 You took the words out of my mouth.

      Delete
  4. Mitt is making it easier and easier to support Donald Trump.

    -Mikey NTH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put me in the group that held their nose and voted for Caspar Milquetoast. But, hey, Party Unity! I did my part. Too bad Mitt isn't having him any of that now. Maybe he got his magic underwear in a wad. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  6. I disagree with Romney. I don't see any reason why a candidate should have to provide tax returns. See what charitable contributions he made? Where his money comes from? I thought that was what opposition research was supposed to do.

    Yeah, and I want my vote back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very disappointed in him, but, no, I'd still vote for him if the alternative was our Black Narcissus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see any particular need for a candidate to make his tax return public, other than as a goodwill gesture of openness made in good faith to the voters. I do think once elected and sworn in, a president should release his annual family tax return, but I'm not aware of any law that makes its release mandatory. If Obama can use the law to keep his college grades and even his birth certificate private, leaving the public in the dark as to whether he was even qualified to run for office, any other candidate should not have to make public financial information that has no bearing on his qualification under the Constitution to run for the office of president.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more someone demands to see another person's tax returns the more I question how they got their money. Let's turn loose a team of forensic accounts on Mittens fortune and see what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am OK with my 2012 vote for Willard “Obamacare” Romney. A vote for anybody else, e.g. Gary “Nonentity” Johnson would have been a vote for Obama, so I held my nose and voted for Mittens, just as I voted for Yosemite Sam in 2008 and George Bush in 2000 and 2004.

    But the more I see and hear about Mittens the more repellent a figure he is. Rather like Cruz. Slimy the both of them and their supporters, e.g. Dana Loesch and Glenn Beck.

    Thank the Good Lord for Trump. I will be enthusiastic about a presidential vote for the first time in 32 years.

    Steve in Greensboro

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Black Narcissus". Love it.

    I too would vote for Romney again, but I would take back my vote in retrospect since it wasn't enough anyway.

    Are the Psalms a feature of the Mormon religion? Romney might want to consider his ingratitude in light of Psalm 109, the essence of which reads: "They have rewarded me evil for good... Let there be none to extend mercy unto him."

    ReplyDelete
  12. The purpose of getting Trump to release his returns is to have an endless paper trail of nits to pick and issues to make up or blow up. Trump should keep them private, especially given that Obama never released all his own paperwork. The Dems are hypocrites and Willard is a sellout

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denny, you are a master of the understatement. Mittie and McCain are jackasses at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if it is due to the nitwits that Republicans take advice from or what, but the last few Presidential candidates and George W Bush were all very passive about defending themselves and their ideas. Rove did't even want Bush to reveal that they found WMDs in Iraq. Trump will not follow this strategy, obviously, and I can't wait to watch him give his and America's enemies in the press what they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Romney is in training to take McCain's place as the Left's favorite (del)trained monkey(/del)RINO who will criticize his own on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Otherwise known as the winner of the "Strange New Respect" award. Awarded to Republicans who "have grown".

    One of the biggest tragedies of public life was when Barry Goldwater "grew".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Republican Supreme Court justices, in particular, who never have to deal with primary voters, seem especially prone to "growth".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where was this "combative" Mitt in 2012?

    I don't think Mitt knows how despised he's becoming.
    He needs to go away.

    ReplyDelete