Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Monday, May 16, 2016

A convert to Trump

Steve Grammatico is the author of You Hear Me, Barack? PC-Free Conservative Satire. He blogs at youhearmebarack.blogspot.com.

With some irony, he has become a Trumpkin, converted by Never Trump Central, aka the National Review, but not for the reasons you may think.

His conversion came after reading a piece by Andrew McCarthy, "Clinton E-Mails: Is the Fix In?"

From Grammatico:
McCarthy’s essay sparked an epiphany. My reservations concerning Trump, I’ve put aside. What terrifies me now is a mortal threat to our system: the cancer at the Department of Justice. Should Hillary be elected, it will metastasize. Loretta Lynch may expect to continue as AG as a reward for spiking the e-mail investigation; Fast and Furious, the FOIA dissimulations, Benghazi, the IRS’s politicization, and all the rest will go down the memory hole; Our First Amendment will be amended by Executive Decree to criminalize speech unacceptable to the Left; PC mavens will tighten their stranglehold on our culture; Obamacare will be resuscitated with taxpayer money, then undergo a transmedical procedure to become single payer.
Whoever owns Congress on January 20, 2017 will be unable or unwilling to check President Hillary Clinton, who is even more dishonest and unprincipled (if that's possible) than Obama. The Supremes? Fuhgeddaboudit. Hillary will appoint two or more new Justices in the Sotomayor/Kagan mold.
As much as I dislike Trump, I do not consider him evil. And while his self-regard is obnoxious, I don't doubt he loves his country.
'Tis an interesting take on the matter.

10 comments:

  1. The Never Trumpers would not vote for Trump if he were the Archangel Gabriel.

    But then, if he were, they wouldn't be in his constituency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A no-nonsense assessment and so true. We cannot allow the Many-Titted Empress to be elected. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please refrain from trying to embed unappealing images in my mind.

      Delete
    2. Blame The People's Cube for etching it into my brain. Google the image if you dare. - Elric

      Delete
  3. Translation: Better the Devil we don't really know than the She-Devil we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppers. Similar to what I mentioned to my wife last night. We're not looking at voting for the lesser of two evils, we're looking at voting for an evil or a jerk. Right now I'll choose the jerk.

      Delete
  4. We just need Clinton to survive (both physically and politically) until November 8th. The woman has all the charm of a plastic ice chest.

    Steve in Greensboro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Biden sounding these days like Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront" (Terry: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.), perhaps she will survive the FBI investigation and the Democratic convention. But for the sake of America, I still have hope she does not.

      Delete
  5. In the end, I think this conclusion will drive many NeverTrumpers to vote and never admit it.

    Donald, just win, baby.

    ReplyDelete