Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Monday, April 18, 2016

40 years later, I get Bob Dylan's joke

Heard "Tangled Up In Blue" during tonight's ride. And then I caught the joke.
I had a job in the great north woods
Working as a cook for a spell
But I never did like it all that much
And one day the ax just fell


  1. Blood On The Tracks! Dude, The Zon has this downloadable if you haven't already. Simple Twist of Fate and Buckets of Rain also great stuff. Zimmerman's last great album IMHO...

  2. I've spent a lot of time overseas and with my head either buried in books or preoccupied with patients and surgeries. Someone is going to have to explain this to me.

    1. He got fired (the ax fell...on him), Loggers worked in the north woods.

  3. It's isn't actually a joke, it's an idiom. - Elric