Noted global warming skeptic Tom Nelson posted something I wrote in 2009 seven years ago. I plumb forgot it. I shall reprint it:
Why they fell for the global warming hoax.
1. The pseudo-intellectuals fell for it because none of them cracked a science book.I made some minor editing changes for clarity's sake and added the trust fund babies line. Some fell for it willingly, some were fooled. Their religion is wrong because their god is weak.
2. The policy wonks fell for it because it gave the government more control.
3. The bleeding hearts fell for it because they always want to save the Earth.
4. The communists fell for it because it portrayed the capitalists as wanting to destroy the Earth to make money.
5. The capitalists fell for it because they saw it as a new way to make money.
6. The Hollywood crowd fell for it because championing the cause gave meaning to their pampered lives.
7. The trust fund babies fell for it for the same reason.
8. The newspapers fell for it because it was new.
9. The teachers fell for it because it was a new thing to teach kids instead of the boring old lessons.
10. The kids fell for it because they wanted to please their teacher.
11. The parents fell for it because their kids got A's in it.
12. The utility companies fell for it because they can raise rates when they sell more expensive alternate forms of energy.
13. The Nobel Peace Prize committee fell for it because they wanted to give Al Gore a consolation prize for losing in 2000.
14. The Oscar voters fell for it because they felt Al Gore was gypped in 2000.
15. The Grammy voters fell for it for the same reason.
16. The scientists fell for it because even though it was not in their field of expertise, they wanted to show solidarity.
Why didn't I fall for the global warming hoax? For the same reason I never fell for the scares about nuclear holocaust, overpopulation, global cooling, or Y2K: I believe God when He promised not to destroy humanity after The Flood.
World without end.