Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Liberals: You are old enough to abort your baby, but not old enough to fire a gun

Liberal logic is a myth.

Having said girls can get an abortion without parental permission -- and without an investigation of the statuary rape of the girl -- liberals now oppose allowing a girl or a boy to use a gun.

Weird.



From the Washington Post:
One of Iowa’s legislative bodies has passed a bill to allow children to handle handguns.
The state’s House of Representatives voted Tuesday to pass a bill that would permit children under age 14 to use “a pistol, revolver or the ammunition” while under direct parental supervision.
The bill — which was debated among other gun proposals and is now headed to the Iowa Senate — has been a polarizing issue in the state.
“What this bill does, the bill before us, allows for 1-year-olds, 2-year-olds, 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds to operate handguns,” state Rep. Kirsten Running-Marquardt (D) said earlier this week, according to CBS-affiliate KCCI.
“We do not need a militia of toddlers.”
It is a "neditorial," an editorial disguised as a news story. I mean, since when did the Post staff the Iowa Legislature. Proof? No quote high up on why they are doing this -- just a set-up for the misleading "militia of toddlers" quote.

8 comments:

  1. If a child is physically capable of handling a gun and and mentally understanding what it is and what it is used for it should be the parents' responsibility to teach that child gun safety and marksmanship. This is common sense. Apparently there is a nonsensical law on the books in Iowa that they are trying to overturn. - Elric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Representative Kirsten Running-Nutso apparently did not read the "under adult supervision" clause, or could not unddrstand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Iowa still have farm kids? Farm kids are out hunting with adults and sometimes on their own. Now, they are most likely using rifles, not handguns. Is there any law against rifles being used by kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 71. When I lived part time in VA, at a tender age of 10 and older, I used to go to the rural store and buy boxes of 22 shells and go plinking. I also went squirrel hunting with a 410 shotgun. All of this was done alone; probably not legal now in VA or anywhere else.
    I was a small town kid in MD who lived part time with foster parents in VA, so I was not some mountain boy, so to speak. As is often said, It was not unusual to see teenage hunters carrying their rifles in a PU truck gun rack to school. We could purchase ammo at any age as I remember and did, people ordered rifles and other fire arms by mail order until after 1963 with no background check or having guns required to be sent first to a federally licensed person to verify it meets state laws. We didn't hear of mass killings back then or much in the way of shootings period. So why this change in behavior.
    So instead of recognizing the cause of a problem and attacking it, we want to erase the instrument used. Seems a bit stupid to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know. I am a gun owner, but I think a minimal requirement would be being of an age that you understand that death is final.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I started medical practice I was told I had to serve on hospital committees. The first one I went to was a pharmacy committee. The chairman paused at the beginning to honor one of the docs for helping to pass legislation requiring minors to have documented parental permission to use a tanning bed. I laughed and remarked that a girl had to get permission to get a tan, but not to get an abortion. Everyone in the room stared at me like I was crazy. Chances are your doctor is a fascist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. And I was probably eight when I started using firearms stronger than bb guns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that was the age I learned to shoot, too.

    ReplyDelete