Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Monday, January 18, 2016

What Trump really is like



I already have noted the testimonials of Herschel Walker and Mike Tyson in their support of Donald Trump. Contrary to some of his critics, Trump is a man of his word. One does not get ahead and stay ahead long by cheating in business.

I saw this on Facebook from Jesse James, a motorcycle customizer and businessman, who worked with Trump on "Celebrity Apprentice." He wrote it. Here is an excerpt:
I made it all the way to the top 3 and when I was let go Donald Trump stood up and shook my hand and said "Great Job Jesse."
Now I know that a lot of you will think that is some dumb reality TV show, not real life...and especially Not the presidency. Trust me I know that is very true, but the majority of the Anti-Trumps are basing their opinion of him on sound bites from that very same Reality TV Show. I think you should look above what the TV Network put out there to boost ratings. Nobody wants to watch somebody be a nice guy, they want to see him say "Your FIRED!"
What I personally observed is a man that is perfect suited to run this country. He is respectful to the little guy (which shows he worked hard to get where he is) and he is also tough as nails when he needs to be. The people he will appoint to key top positions will be top shelf, and you can bank if they don't perform? They will get the boot. Lastly the best quality I observed about Donald Trump is being a dad. This is by far his strongest quality. Ivanka is an super smart, driven woman. She shakes your hand firm and looks you in the eye when she talks to you. Donald Jr. also has the same smarts and drive, but is also a pretty regular guy that has a "almost" restored '69 Camaro and loves to long range shoot (don't let anyone know I told you that). The poise in these two shows a lot in their parents. I think we are lucky to have his kids as part of the deal.
So before you guys react to what I have written here. One thing you know about me is Good or bad I will always tell it like it is. This guy is the Real Deal, and will Make America Great Again.
By the way, James describes himself as a "glorified welder."

I suspect we will see similar unsolicited testimonials -- and a few unflattering ones as well.

In assessing The Donald, I have kept an open mind. Gossip columnist Liz Smith told me more about him (he's a blowhard but a good guy), and cartoonist Scott Adams ("Dilbert") told me more about Trump's strategy than all those experts on TV or in the newspapers combined..

Donald Trump is outside the political sphere. That makes him dangerous to those inside.

As for this election, I backed Scott Walker and he sank, then Cary Fiorina and she flounders. The nomination will be settled by the West Virginia primary in May, Choose well. Keep reading. Keep your mind open and your purse closed.

6 comments:

  1. The NYT published an article two days ago about Donald Trump's business dealings, part of which described his pursuit of the iconic Plaza Hotel,a property Trump desired to own as a trophy but also revered because of its history. The article was quite revealing and, in my opinion, also very complimentary. Trump comes across as a complex, I'd say even "deep" individual, a far cry from the terribly shallow person who now occupies the Oval Office. The article was a good read for anyone who wants to gain some insight into The Donald.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four high-priced business bankruptcies in 18 years is unprecedented. No one can match that blackest of black mark. Not only did he avoid paying debt, he saddled his investors, employees and vendors with substantial losses - then he blames the very people that he took to the cleaners.

    But our populist Trumpsters believe every word he utters without question or pause because he talks a good game with frequent twists of the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four high-priced business bankruptcies in 18 years is unprecedented. No one can match that blackest of black mark. Not only did he avoid paying debt, he saddled his investors, employees and vendors with substantial losses - then he blames the very people that he took to the cleaners.

    But our populist Trumpsters believe every word he utters without question or pause because he talks a good game with frequent twists of the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re Trump's bankruptcies: I would be interested if you can cite any proof that Trump lied or deceived the banks, lenders, investors, et al. Seriously, did he do anything truly shady or criminal? His backers were not naifs; they were sharpies and either knew or should have known what the risk was of doing business with a high risk-taker like Trump, especially after his second bankruptcy. Anyone who did business deals with Trump after Bankruptcy #2 willingly accepted the risk. It's no different than if I invest in the stock market and the stock I bought goes way down. If I willingly take the risk, I have to accept the (hopefully only occasional) failure of my judgment. That's business. Bankruptcy is just part of doing business.

      Delete
    2. PS @gadfly: Just so you understand...Trump has never been my first choice as the Republican nominee. My preference has, coincidentally, tracked with Don's: Walker first, then Fiorina, probably now Cruz (but still undecided). Trump's business ventures, including his bankruptcies, don't worry me as much as his temper. I don't mind his immodest bragging or his feistiness, but when someone or something gets under his skin, he sometimes retaliates far too aggressively to suit me.

      Delete
  4. Livermoron here. used to comment on DS's 1st site. Trump had 4 bankruptcies out of about 110 ventures. A 4% failure rate in the business world is like batting .700 in baseball.
    And, of course, when you saw a lot of wood you end up with some sawdust, too.

    ReplyDelete