Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hooray for Carrie Fisher

There is this thing liberals do called Body Shaming in which they mock people's weight. They alternate this with complaining about the Barbie Doll giving girls an impossible-to-meet body image.

(Yes, no girl can be only 11.5 inches tall -- Editor.)

Carrie Fisher fought back against those who are aghast that she no longer has the same body she had at 21 when she filmed the first (and only one worth seeing) "Star Wars" 38 years ago.

She tweeted: “Please stop debating about whether or not I aged well. Unfortunately it hurts all three of my feelings.”

That fed the trolls, so she responded again: "My body is my brain bag, it hauls me around to those places and in front of faces where theres something to say or see."

Actually, she looks good. Maybe not leading lady good, but she looks like a young Kelly Osbourne.

Some believe Carrie Fisher is complaining, but I look upon it as being honest. People prefer not to see old people on their movie screen.

She is now a writer who reprised her role as Princess Leia in this latest "Star Wars" project. Acting is based on looks, which she explained to Good Housekeeping: “They don’t want to hire all of me – only about three-quarters! Nothing changes, it’s an appearance-driven thing. I’m in a business where the only thing that matters is weight and appearance. That is so messed up. They might as well say get younger, because that’s how easy it is.”

Well, she had a nice run and at the end of her movie career, she landed a book deal, and wrote well enough to warrant a movie deal. So there you have it. Life's not fair? Well, she was famous at birth (Mom and Dad were singer/actors). I like her. I like her answers.  My only complaint is that Princess Leia is now General Leia. Not queen?


  1. "My only complaint is that Princess Leia is now General Leia."

    I guess Princess Leia lost the title when her planet was destroyed by the Death Star. At least she landed on her feet unlike Han Solo.

    1. My wife said the same thing, but it still bothers me

    2. Actually, Leia was the daughter of Padme Amidala who was Queen of Naboo.

      The planet that was destroyed was Alderaan, her adopted home. An argument could be made that she is still royalty.

  2. Did she get promoted to General by virtue of the fact that she had the royal connections, or did she merit the rank? While I hear the film is good, I probably won't see it ffor awhile -- too expensive to go to the movies.

    Carrie Fisher is funny. I like her. She looks fine, though a little like, uh, Caitlyn.

  3. What kind of rebels fight an empire that took over a democratic republic to install a monarchy. Even if they have the queen for a year plan in Naboo.

  4. She looks fine to me. What she said tells me her head is on straight. As in not Hollyweird.

  5. I don't see the same nonsense about Harrison Ford and he didn't "age well" either.

  6. Sorry, no Royalty for this American.
    General Golden Bikini, I await your orders!

  7. Princess Leia was princess of Alderaan, her adoptive mother was queen.

  8. What does say about her lineage?