Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Veterans Day freebies



Now that I am retired, I notice that you can get free grub on Veterans Day if you have a DD 214 (or the reservist equivalent). Everyone seems to be in on the act, including Krispy Kreme (doughnut and coffee) and Hooters (a meal with a purchase of a drink).

I will probably go to Bob Evans instead of Hooters, as I like to be married. Besides the food is better.



Sheetz, Tim Horton, Starbucks, and a whole mess of others are on the list, which happens to be here.

I have never done this before. I already feel guilty. I wasn't really much of a soldier. But my wife wants to go so we shall go. I don't mind getting the Krispy Kreme doughnut and coffee. But Bob Evans is a different matter. It's an actual meal and not a promo. I'll probably just tip the waitress heavier to cover the price of the meal. They work hard.

Anyway, I know many readers are veterans. Go. Enjoy. If you feel guilty, put the money in the tip. Help the people who have to work on Veterans Day.

3 comments:

  1. 20 years, and none of those even as close as a 2-hour drive, Well, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. Then, too, every time I go to a big city, I appreciate where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a DD 214, not 216. And I might take the free coffee, but leave the meals to those who have sacrificed far more than me. But I think it's great that so many now are grateful to veterans, as opposed to what it was like when we went in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I forgot to doublecheck. Got 216 in my mind. Sigh. I shall fix. Thanks.

      Delete