Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bill Maher vs. Bill Maher on guns



Bill Maher show on May 10, 2013:

BILL MAHER: One of the problems with the left is that for example guns. Let's take the issue du jour. You know, this Manchin-Toomey bill that didn't even pass, you know, I mean, this was, the name of it was the Public Safety and Second Amendment Protection Act. With friends like these, who needs enemies? It actually said if you create a gun registry, it's punishable by 15 years in prison. This is coming from the so-called Democrats. Where are the people on the left standing up and saying, “Of course we need a gun registry?” Where are the people…
MICHAEL MOORE: I’m here.
MAHER: Yeah, I know. Me too. I’m saying…
ANDREW ROSS SORKIN, NEW YORK TIMES: I'm with you. I’m right here.
MAHER: But they’re not represented. I keep saying where are the people on the left just to go after the Second Amendment and say the Second Amendment is bulls--t? It says a well regulated militia.
Bill Maher show on November 20, 2015:
GAVIN NEWSOM: I just simply, this sort of mythology, the guy with the gun that's going to come save the day, I mean, so right out of the movies, sort of this gun-slinging fantasy. The reality is, it's most likely to create more harm, more damage, more lost lives in those circumstances.
MAHER: Really? So if you were in a restaurant and a crazy gunman came in, you wouldn't want to have a gun? You'd rather just be shot?
NEWSOM: Well, I would hope that folks sitting next to me that haven't been trained, that don't necessarily, don't respond well under stressful circumstances, don't get up and then start pointing the trigger or pointing a gun and shooting-
MAHER: But hasn't the worst thing already happened? A crazed madman who's bent on killing everyone? How could it get worse?
What a hockey puck.

2 comments:

  1. I don't trust him to stay on this side long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a liberal. He doesn't have to be consistent.

    ReplyDelete