Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Carly on vaccines

Carly Fiorina is not Jenny McCarthy. Fiorina believes in vaccinated kids against measles,mumps and those other childhood diseases we suffered.

People are going bananas over this.

Here is what Carly said:
"When you have highly communicable diseases where we have a vaccine that's proven, like measles or mumps, then I think a parent can make that choice -- but then I think a school district is well within their rights to say: 'I'm sorry, your child cannot then attend public school.' So a parent has to make that trade-off."
The Washington Post buried in the 7th paragraph of its report.

From the New York Times:
“I think when we’re talking about some of these more esoteric immunizations, then I think absolutely a parent should have a choice and a school district shouldn’t be able to say, ‘Sorry, your kid can’t come to school’ for a disease that’s not communicable, that’s not contagious, and where there really isn’t any proof that they’re necessary at this point.”
In other words, the HPV vaccine is optional and schools should butt out.

1 comment:

  1. My understanding is that HPV is communicable, but not very infectious, and that thru mucous membranes--essentially thru sexual contact. I'd agree with her, as your last sentence put it.