Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Smart diplomacy

Michael Yon, the former Special Forces soldier turned photojournalist, vouched for its authenticity.

That's good enough for me.

From Michael Yon:
This letter caused a stir on Sunday, and I wondered if it even is real. Maybe a spoof? After all, the return address is "American Embassy," not something like, "Embassy of the United States of America." be sure, I just got off the phone with Melissa Sweeney, who is our Embassy spokesperson. Ms. Sweeney did not hesitate to say that this was an accident. We really did this. An oversight. She was embarrassed for this, and with apologies.
The letter is legitimate. The letter really did come from our Embassy.
I hope Thai people will also accept our Embassy's apology on my behalf. (Not that I work for the government, but as an American who is also a little embarrassed by this.)
Enclosed was an invitation to the embassy's Fourth of July celebration.


  1. I don't understand why this is a problem, and I'm not finding enough info to allow me to understand, other than showing our embassy identifies him as anti-Thaksin.

  2. It will bring around every good cause that is required and said to be so important and nearly one have to think in accordance with the same probabilities for the future success.