Graphic courtesy of the awesome Chris Muir at Day by Day Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Council News:Just a reminder..Don Surber's new book "Exceptional Americans" is available at Create Space or Amazon and is a great read, take it from me. This week, The Gates Of Vienna, Simply Jews, Fausta's Blog and SooperMexican earned honorable mention status with some great articles. You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries. To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning Simple, no? It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh? So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- The Noisy Room – Cities On Fire – Dallas/Garland
- The Right Planet – Which ‘Ism’ Will We Choose?
- Don Surber – Melvin Garten, most decorated soldier, dies at 93
- Joshuapundit-How The Clintons Exploited Disaster In Haiti For Profit
- The Razor – UCSD Forces Students To Get Naked With Creepy Prof
- VA Right! - Bill “Waffle Willie” Janis Birthday Breakfast has Cost Taxpayers $4,409,686,125.00 ($4.5 Billion) AND COUNTING!!!
- The Glittering Eye -The Poorest In The United States
- Bookworm Room – Will American capitalism be a victim of the rise of fascism-lite and the devaluation of language
- Nice Deb – Video: Megyn Kelly Blasts “Fundamentally Confused and Wrong” Lib On Free Speech
- Rhymes With Right – Senator Mike Lee’s "The Lost Constitution"
- Ask Marion – Happy Mother's Day 2015
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Cartoons And Allies
- The Independent Sentinel – New York’s Ruler Andrew Cuomo Bullies Legislature to Pass His Written Sex Agreements Bill
- Gates Of Vienna - The Human Rights of Slave-Owners
- Simply Jews - We Have Been Putin's Trolls
- Fausta's Blog - Identity politics: Halperin interviews Ted Cruz, expects Ricky Ricardo
- Sooper Mexican - How To Explain The Baltimore Riots in One Sentence…
- Mark Steyn –Stay Quiet and You'll Be Okay" submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Hoover Institution – The Sordid Origin of Hate-Speech Laws submitted by The Right Planet
- Thomas Sowell – Race, Politics, And Lies submitted by Don Surber
- American Digest – In Praise of Pamela Geller submitted by Joshuapundit
- Jakub Grygiel/The American Interest –How to Fight an Elusive Enemy submitted by The Razor
- Walid Shoebat – Spain Arrests Muslims For Spreading Terror Propaganda While The U.S. Upholds RIGHTS For Terrorists VA Right!
- Richard Dreyfuss/PJMedia – Election Coming: Nobody Knows Anything submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Victor Davis Hanson-The First -- And A Half -- Amendment submitted by Bookworm Room
- David French/NRO -I’m More Hateful Than Pamela Geller submitted by Nice Deb
- Gay Patriot – Gays Provoke Muslims into Killing Them submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Allen West – More ominous signs of Christian persecution submitted by The Watcher
- Kirsten Powers/Daily Beast – How Liberals Ruined College submitted by The Watcher
- The Diplomat – What the Pentagon Thinks of China’s Military submitted by The Watcher