Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Poor little Michelle, boo hoo hoo

Poor little Michelle Obama. Everyone is so mean to her because she is black.

She used a commencement at Tuskegee University to complain, saying: “As potentially the first African-American first lady, I was also the focus of another set of questions and speculations, conversations sometimes rooted in the fears and misperceptions of others. Was I too loud or too emasculating? Or was I too soft? Too much of a mom and not enough of a career woman?”
Remember this?


Michelle also said: “Then there was the first time I was on a magazine cover. It was a cartoon drawing of me with a huge afro and a machine gun. Now, yeah, it was satire, but if I'm really being honest, it knocked me back a bit. It made me wonder 'just how are people seeing me?' ”

And she said: “The road ahead is not going to be easy. It never is, especially for folks like you and me.”

Increasingly, the president and his wife are projecting themselves as pathetic victims of 19th century racism. Things that happen to everyone else are recast as cross burnings by these racial drama queens. I loved this complaint from Michelle: “The clerks who kept a close eye on us in all those department stores.”

Yes, and what about those darned clerks who ignore you because you are black.

I will let them in on a little secret about Caucasian-Americans: Some of them are real jerks. Some of them treat everyone poorly. Some of them relentlessly mocked Laura Bush. Some of them relentlessly mocked Hillary Clinton. Some of them relentlessly mocked Nancy Reagan. Why they even called Lucille Hayes, wife of the hero of the Kanawha, Rutherford B. Hayes, Lemonade Lucy.

Barack Obama and his wife came into office as and American president and first lady. The possibilities were endless for the first black president and first black first lady. I see their withdrawal into their racial identity as an admission of failure as president and first lady.

9 comments:

  1. “The road ahead is not going to be easy. It never is, especially for folks like you and me.”

    very rich coming from, quite literally, the most powerful woman in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as she steps onto Air Force One.

      Delete
    2. Roads just crack and crater and develop sinkholes in front of her, being raaaaacist.

      Delete
  2. What a whiner! She received that Ivy League education because she was black. Her husband was elected because he was black. A white first term senator with the same qualifications as Obungler wouldn't have stood a chance even getting the nomination. Name me one country where Moochelle would have been as well off as she has been in the US and she hates the country that has given her all of these opportunities, as does her husband. It's really sad to have a racist race baiting woman as First Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think FDR got himself onto the Democratic presidential ticket with a resume that was equally thin. Both men were creatures of circumstances of the time. The opportunity was there and their timing was excellent. Hillary is trying to make that a three-fer with a platform that is patently sexist, i.e., make me the first woman president and vote for my female body parts. After the nation's disastrous experience with Obama, it's probably too soon for that electoral strategy to work again. Her best chance for election was in 2008, but she bungled her opportunity. Time and circumstances have passed her by.

      Delete
    2. FDR was the governor of New York, and had been a candidate for VP alongside James Cox, losing to Harding and Coolidge. Prior to that he was Assistant Secretary of the Navy and was responsible for U.S. preparation for WW1.

      Delete
  3. "I see their withdrawal into their racial identity as an admission of failure as president and first lady."

    I dunno about that. I think Obama may have come into office with the express goal of goading and antagonizing white people, and in that he has definitely succeeded beyond his Dreams. It's the Politics of Resentment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do (or have you? I am behind on my reading.) an essay on Booker T. Washington--he is apparently sufficiently unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Black politcos get a Style Book, or even Black journos. I notice that when they want to NOT appear to be threatening to Whites, they use the word 'Folks'. Just us 'folks', Whitey. Been doing this for years. Makes me a bit suspicious, is all. :D

    ReplyDelete