1. From the USA: As a millennial, how can I understand and work with a Gen X-er?
From South Africa: "A 14-year-old boy has been killed and eaten by a lion as he lay guarding his family’s crops in north-eastern Zimbabwe, a report said on Wednesday."
Forget Gen-X-ers. You'll be working for South Africans, kid. They can handle way bigger problems.
2. Judge: NYC Buses Must Run 'Killing Jews' Ads.
Don't like it, don't take ads, government.
3. A suspected Islamic terrorist's plans to mount attacks on French churches were thwarted when he accidentally shot himself and called an ambulance, leading to the discovery of loaded guns, bulletproof vests and chilling notes about his intended targets, authorities said Wednesday.
He's got the suicide part down. Now to work on that bombing thing.
4. California Gov. Jerry Brown has sounded the alarm over the state's historic drought, warning that it will take "unprecedented actions" to solve the crisis.
Didn't they have one of these the last time he was governor?
Solution: Get a new governor.
5. In a press release last week, the American College of Pediatricians urged health care providers to educate young women about the strong link between abortion and breast cancer.
They keep saying we should allow abortion if the mother's life's at risk, but maybe abortion is putting the mother's life at risk.
6. Of course, there is no proven link between "study says" and fact.
7. Scott Walker Celebrates Earth Day by Firing 57 Environmental Agency Employees.
If true (it's Mother Jones after all), you Da Man, Mister Scott (as the New York Times calls him in its editorials).
8. Jeb Bush is eating like a caveman, and he has literally shrunk in size. The former Florida governor, expected to seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, is on the popular Paleo diet, which is based on what are believed to be the eating habits of the Paleolithic hunters and gatherers.
He's already lived twice as long as a Paleo did.
You Da Wuss, Jeb.
9. Ann Coulter: Scott Walker Is ‘Smoking Out the Cheap Labor Hacks’ on Immigration.
10. Too cold for the top down.
From the blog:
11. Everglades shows government threatens the environment, Mister Obama. EVIL.
12. Is Chris Cillizza as out of touch as his writing indicates? Yes. GOOD.
13. The Make College Meaningless Act. EVIL.
Final score: GOOD 7, EVIL 6.
Book looks to be 10 days away from completion. Almost there. Where I want people to purchase it.