But what about the delta smelt? Truth to power. GOOD.
2. From Ron Christie: "Every time we have a situation like Indiana, Republicans let Democrats caricature them. Enough. Time to fight back and speak some truth." Nice start but then he blames the victims. EVIL.
3. Rolling Stone admits six months too late that it made up a story about a gang rape. Fraternity will sue. Either produce Jackie, or pay. GOOD.
4. President Obama said he will ignore Congress and the Constitution in his Iranian Treaty, which gives Iran nukes while giving Democratic donors rights to distribute Iranian oil legally. Democratic mega-donor Marc Rich has already been doing it illegally. EVIL.
5. Gov. Paul LePage rolled out a familiar proposal Monday to change the state’s welfare system, including restrictions on electronic benefits cards and new job-search requirements on Mainers who apply for welfare. Fulfilling a campaign promise. How unusual. GOOD.
6. Barack Obama's bracket is in the 54th percentile -- Mitt Romney's is in the 99th. Next time we let the brackets decide the presidency. GOOD.
7. Congressional Democrats plan to introduce national gun buyback legislation for “assault weapons.” Anyone else have any junk firearms they want to turn in for cash to buy new ones? GOOD.
8. "DOJ: 'Failure to Provide Adequate Treatment for Transgender Inmates' Is Unconstitutional." Oddly enough, these Brainiacs say using the IRS to target political foes is not. EVIL.
9. Vijay Chokal-Ingam, the brother of comedian Mindy Kaling, reveals that he gamed the system and managed to get into medical school by claiming he was African-American. That sets him up to teach at Harvard Law School, right Senator Warren? GOOD.
10. Top. Down. Day. GOOD.
From the blog:
11. Antarctic ice near record high. GOOD.
12. Republicans are not allowed to diss the New York Times. EVIL.
13. So, you gonna apologize? EVIL.
Today's American Vignette: Grace Murray Hopper, the mother of COBOL.
Final score: GOOD 8, EVIL 5.
— Don Surber (@donsurber) April 6, 2015