1. The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen to beef up security and join other American ships that are prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels fighting in Yemen.
Tell us again how lifting sanctions and letting Iran have nukes makes the world safer.
2. Pew first: Gun rights top gun control in major public opinion shift.
Well, President Obama said he would fundamentally change America.
3. Hundreds of terrified migrants drowned on board a smuggler boat because they were locked in the ship's hold when it capsized, a survivor revealed today. More than 900 people – including 200 women and up to 50 children – are feared dead after the boat overturned in the one of the worst maritime disasters since the end of World War Two.
Turning the Med into the Rio Grande was a terrible idea.
4. Pope speaks out against anti-Semitism.
Guess he's not gonna be silent until they come for him.
5. Fox hasn't discussed a new contract with Roger Ailes, 16 months away from the contract's end.
That's a problem.
6. McConnell: Comparing climate skeptics to slaveholders a ‘depressing new low’.
Note the term in the press is now climate skeptics.
7, Civil rights groups slam 'injustice' of delayed Loretta Lynch vote.
The same groups were silent on Democratic senators -- led by the Exalted Cyclops Bob Byrd -- who dragged Clarence Thomas through the mud.
8, She's finally got the votes.
That was the reason for the delay, you racist morons.
9. Congress Unlikely to Respond to Police Brutality Problems.
Liberals want to federalize the local police. It won't solve the problem, but it will give the government more control.
Conservatives say uh-uh,.
10. Top Down Day.
Looks like the final set of proofs will be OKd this week. Book release possible on May 1. Get out the credit cards.
From the blog:
11. No to transgender "rights". Let's not let rapists change their identities to new female names. GOOD.
12. Al Sharpton, corporate puppeteer or puppet? The revolution is being televised and corporate sponsors love it. EVIL.
13. Fun with Twitter. Trolling Meghan McCain. GOOD.
14. Bad imaging. How they made Hillary look like the crook she is. GOOD.
15. Hillary's cutting edge -- for 1964 -- campaign. GOOD.
16. Why Roger Ailes succeeded. GOOD.
17. Abortion advocate protests new execution law. GOOD.
18. Jeb is billionaire Tom Steyer's boy. EVIL.
19. Manchin cedes governor's race in 2016 to West Virginia Republicans. GOOD.
Final score: GOOD 13, EVIL 6.