1. President Obama on contacting Cuba: "We don't want to be imprisoned by the past. When something doesn't work for 50 years, you don't just keep on doing it. You try something new."
Really? In the last, the United States has grown, prospered and landed a man on the moon -- while Cubans are still driving 1958 Buicks. Guess we know which side Comrade Barack is on.
2. From McClatchy: " China accused the United States of hypocrisy Friday over President Barack Obama’s comments that the rising Asian power is using its sheer size and muscle to intimidate other nations in the South China Sea."
Whose afraid of the United States under Barack Obama? No one.
3. Civil rights leaders say "the whole world is watching" in South Carolina after a white cop killed a black man.
Really? The whole world? Does that include Iran where they are building a nuke? Does that include Iran, Yemen Nigeria and two dozen other nations where they are trying to hold off the Islamic State? Can even 1% of the 8 billion peoplee on Earth find North Charleston, South Carolina on a map?
The cop was arrested and charged with murder. Someone please tell the NAACP that the 1960s are over. We have racial equality.
Maybe that is what really bothers them.
4. Indiana's Memories Pizza reopens after gay rights furor.
Remember the lesson from Chick-Fil-A -- fight back. The bastards are a tiny and cowardly group.
5. On Sunday, Hillary Clinton will announce her second losing bid for the presidency.
The picture is from when she was 8 years younger.
6. NRA chief: Clinton will bring 'permanent darkness'.
Thank goodness she will lose then.
7. U.S. Capitol Police Chief Kim C. Dine has submitted a letter of resignation to the Capitol Police Board, multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation have confirmed to CQ Roll Call.
There are more than 2,000 officers and civilians on this phony police force. It is about as necessary as a screen door on a submarine. You pay for it.
8. Marie Harf Gets In Facebook Argument Over Daily Caller Article.
She always looks like she's in an SNL skit.
9. New Mexico Gov Signs Bill To Protect You From Police.
10. Top Down Day in Poca, West Virginia.
From the blog:
11. WV schools open debate on climate change. GOOD.
12. Obama well short of 1 million hybrids this year. EVIL.
13. Fact-checking Cheney on Obama. GOOD.
Final score: GOOD 8, EVIL 5.
Today's Exceptional American: Edward Everett, eloquent advancer of equality.
All the previous Exceptional Americans. The first book collection will be out in May.