Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Roseanne Barr is why Hillary is in trouble

Roseanne Barr has a lot of money and wants to make a lot of noise. Her reality series bombed. She is plugging a documentary on her presidential run as a Green Party candidate in 2012, which I think she knows will also bomb. But in an interview with the Daily Beast, she said some interesting things that resonate with working class boomers who have had to put up with being represented by elitists like Hillary Clinton ever since Life magazine discovered Woodstock.

From Roseanne Barr on Hillary:
“I think she’s a Democrat just like they all are. She seems like every other Democrat. I would not like to see her win. She’s the same old shit. I’d like to see me win. I don’t see how she can win, but it will be interesting to see how the process goes — although its kind of offensive that the American people for 21 months have to live through the mudslinging that goes on between the two parties, which I think is just a tactic to prevent government from doing anything about any of our problems. It just elongates the election process. It’s like a traffic jam. That’s how it works: blaming and mudslinging.”
Excited about Hillary as the First Woman President?
“No, not at all. I think that a party that was woman-friendly would be revolutionary, and that party could be headed by a male or female. It’s what the party itself stands for that matters. She is standing as a Democrat so she’s a Democrat, and I don’t see much difference between them and the Republicans. They both get paid by the same guys. They do the same thing, they want the same stuff, more business.”
But symbolically...
“ ‘Symbolically’? What does that mean? I would rather see the first intelligent, honest American president. I don’t care what’s in their shorts. I don’t care what it looks like down there at all. The thing I did like Hillary for was that she was the first candidate who ever listened to what women said, because she had to.”
It is not that Roseanne Barr has any political power or influence, but what makes this interesting is that she is saying what many women her age are saying. Yes, the Left will roll out Gloria Steinem and the rest of the Seven Sisters alum who would have you believe Hillary represents oppressed women. But I hear more from women like Roseanne who don't want Hillary, and a few of them voted for Barack -- in Ohio.

Sad news is that Roseanne has macular degeneration and glaucoma. She likely will outlive her sight. That is where our research money should go instead of prostate cancer research (98% survival rate).


  1. I am amazed to find that Roseanne is not a fully-crazed leftist. Had me fooled!

  2. Don't let intermittent flings with sane commentary fool you, Sam L. 99.9998% of Roseanne's observations are loony claptrap. Every once in a while she stumbles on truth through no fault of her own.