Please purchase "Trump the Press" through Create Space.

The book is on Kindle. Order here.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

First woman president?

The consensus is she is running for vice president, but I do not know. Carly Fiorina is coming off as a pretty strong candidate rather than a backup. She actually broke a glass ceiling and while she was fired, true, at least she has an accomplishment other than going to one of the Seven Sisters and marrying an up-and-coming politician -- or lying about her race to get a $400,000-a-year gig at Harvard.

Fiorina is making headway in Iowa. Some quotes via the Des Moines Register:

She said she has as much foreign experience as Hillary, but actually met and talked with world leaders: "I didn't do photo ops."

"I bring to this race a totally different perspective. I'm not a political neophyte, but I'm also not a professional politician. ... I actually understand how the economy works, and I understand how the world works, and I understand how bureaucracies work, and I understand how technology works."

"I started my career as a secretary. ... It's only in the United States of America that a young woman can start as a medieval studies and philosophy major, and a law school drop-out, and a receptionist in a nine-person real estate firm, and go on to become the chief executive of the largest technology company in the world and maybe yes, just maybe, run for president."

"People would challenge me, 'How can you support extreme positions in the Republican party?' What I'd always say is, 'Have you read the Democratic position? ... Any abortion at any time for any reason at any point in a woman's pregnancy right up until the last minute to be paid for by taxpayers.' ... I might go further and say, 'How do you feel about the fact that a 13-year-old girl needs their mother's permission to go to a tanning salon, but not to get an abortion?' Hillary Clinton lobbied against parental notification. Most mothers are horrified by that. Most people are horrified by that."

"This week alone I have traveled 1,222 miles in Iowa. I have talked with over 2,400 Iowans, and I have visited 15 cities and towns. And have to tell you, I will take Casey's pizza in a car to Chipotle's takeout anytime."

"Like all of you, I have gone through hard times. When I battled cancer six years ago, it was the strength of my family and the power of my faith that saw me through. And very soon after that long battle when we lost our younger daughter, Lori Ann, to the demons of addiction, it was my husband, Frank's, and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ that saved us from a desperate sadness."

"Hillary, news flash: I have four accounts on my single device. ... The funniest thing to me was when she said at her news conference that we didn't need to worry about the confidentiality of her communications. She had two Secret Service agents guarding the server. You know, we're not worried about it getting stolen. We're worried about getting hacked!"

"OK, ladies, this is a quiz: Can you think of a single instance in which a man's judgment was clouded by hormones? Including in the Oval Office?"

"Hillary Clinton must not be president of the United States, but not because she's a woman. Hillary Clinton must not be president of the United States because she is not trustworthy."

She is a dark horse candidate and she will be raked through the coals sooner rather than later. But she has a opening in wooing Republican women to action -- not because she is a woman necessarily, but because she can beat Hillary.


  1. "OK, ladies, this is a quiz: Can you think of a single instance in which a man's judgment was clouded by hormones? Including in the Oval Office?"

    Bill Clinton and Monica.

  2. I can't make up my mind about Fiorina, and that's why I want her to stay in the race. She is no Sarah Palin: she doesn't carry the same baggage, the Democrats will not be able to smear her as a lightweight the way they did Palin (even if that was grossly unfair to Palin), and they will not be able to casually dismiss the many accomplishments in her career...which by my measure outstrips that of H--> by a wide margin. She will give as well as she gets. If she becomes the GOP nominee, she will be a candidate the Democrats will have to reckon with. I have her on my list of candidates that are worth watching and weighing their policy positions. I sincerely hope there are no skeletons in her closet.

  3. Fiorina's record at HP is less than stellar, but to bring back an old saying, a syphillitic whore would be better than Hillbillary.