1. Syracuse University will honor modern journalism by not allowing anyone attending its journalism awards dinner to ask any questions of its big draw: Hillary Clinton. Pravda had higher standards than these Clintonians. EVIL.
2. "House investigators: Hillary Clinton engaged in a 'scheme to conceal' her email." With a press that blocks anyone from asking her a question at a journalism awards dinner, why bother with concealment? The press will cover for her -- and call anyone nosey about it partisan and sexist. EVIL.
3. "A review of Hillary Clinton's personal emails while she was secretary of state will take several months, a senior State Department official said on Thursday, a day after Clinton tweeted that she wanted the emails released to the public." All she has to do is hit the send button. EVIL.
4. If you think this scandal will keep her from getting the Democratic nomination, I've got this theory on global warming you can have wholesale. EVIL.
5. "Ringling Bros. Circus to give up elephant acts in 3 years." Hard times mean even elephants are losing their jobs. GOOD.
6. "A NASA spacecraft called Dawn is about to become the first mission to orbit a dwarf planet when it slips into orbit Friday around Ceres, the most massive body in the asteroid belt." Every once in a while, I am awed by the awesomeness of mankind. Let's see a bald eagle do that. GOOD.
7. "A knife attack Thursday that injured the U.S. ambassador to South Korea is the latest act of political violence in a deeply divided country where some protesters portray their causes as matters of life and death." More sand kicked in the Boy President's face. EVIL.
8. "Nigerian woman files for divorce because her husband's penis is 'too big'." Somehow, I don't think he'll have trouble getting dates. GOOD.
9. "Michael Brown´s parents will file a wrongful death civil lawsuit against Ferguson, Missouri, and the white police officer who shot dead the unarmed 18-year-old black man last August in the St. Louis suburb, a family attorney said on Thursday." Given the beatings the family had over those T-shirt sales, the ruling on who has standing in this case will be interesting. But look for the politicians to throw up their hands and give them $1 millio to go away, unchallenged. EVIL.
10. "Canada´s central bank is urging citizens to stop defacing their $5 notes in a tribute to deceased actor Leonard Nimoy. In a trend dubbed Spocking, Canadians have taken to drawing pointy ears and tiled brows on top of Canada´s seventh prime minister, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, to make him look like Mr. Spock, the half-Vulcan, half-human Star Trek character made famous by Nimoy."
A Spocksman for Sir Wilfrid could not be reached for comment. GOOD.
From the blog:
11. Free health care is killing the states. We spend more on Medicaid and Medicare than we do on the military. EVIL.
12. How to teach women not to rape. Men receive prison sentences that are 63% longer than women's. EVIL.
13. Great Lakes ice cover highest in 35 years. Global warmers hardest hit. GOOD.
Today's American Vignette: Charles Goodnight. The real Lonesome Dove.
Final score: EVIL 8, GOOD 5.