1. "Marines old and new return to Iwo Jima." A vicious battle for a bunch of volcanic rock. Nearly 10% of the Marines and 90% of the Japanese died. It would serve as an emergency landing for the B-29s that would carry the atomic bombs that ended the war. The last living Medal of Honor recipient, Woody Williams, from that battle attended the ceremony. GOOD.
2. Our guileless president continues to try to make a deal with people who want to eliminate the United States. Death to America. Maybe that is his goal. EVIL.
3. "Starbucks ends 'Race Together' campaign in stores." Turns out its mainly white customers do not want to enter a discussion they can never win. GOOD.
4. "Jeb Bush’s Team Plots Vast Effort to Win Florida." Breaking news from 1998. GOOD.
5. "Democrats Take Aim at Liquid Detergent Packaging." Yes, let government screw up your laundry, too. Obamaclean! EVIL.
6. "Obama: I'll Expand Government As Much As I Can, Republicans May Not Stop Him." Elections matter. EVIL.
7. "New Mexico Passes Bill To Abolish Civil Asset Forfeiture." You will actually have to be convicted before Lord North and King George III confiscate your stuff. A revolutionary idea. GOOD.
8. Top Down Day. GOOD.
9. From the blog: "RFK Jr. is Jenny McCarthy without the chest." Anti-vaccination from a global warming alarmist. EVIL.
Today's American Vignette: "Anne Marbury Hutchinson, mother of freedom of religion."
Final score: GOOD 5, EVIL 4.