Having it both ways.
Washington Joe makes John Kerry look downright principled.
Worst export from West Virginia since Rich Rodriguez.
2. From Bloomberg: "Global warming has slowed since 1998 even though humans spewing ever more greenhouse gases are almost certainly to blame for damaging the atmosphere.
"That’s according to a 36-page summary of a report from a United Nations panel released in Stockholm today concluding Earth’s temperature since 1998 has increased at less than half the pace of longer-term averages since 1951."
Another scientific theory bites the dust.
The increase in temperature is so negligible that it falls within the margin of error.
They won't admit they are wrong because they never cared about science.
It's about power and destroying capitalism.
All carbon dioxide does is make the world greener.
3. From Business Insider: "White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer used three vivid analogies to attack House Republicans' laundry list of demands for raising the debt ceiling, comparing Republicans to arsonists, hostage-takers and suicide bombers."
This from an administration that refused to call violent, radical jihadist Major Nidal Malik Hasan's attack on Fort Hood an act of terrorism.
Workplace violence they call it.
Face it, Barack Obama hates domestic rivals more than he does the enemies of this nation.
When your first political mentor is a terrorist, you consider terrorism just another tool in political weaponry.
We are in grave danger, America, of this rogue regime turning into a terrorist state.
4. From CNBC: "The third quarter CNBC All-America Economic Survey finds nearly one in five Americans believe their health insurance costs have gone up because of Obamacare. The answers are highly partisan, but not entirely so. For example, about a third of Republicans and tea party supporters believe they have experienced negative economic effects from the law — about 10 points above the average — but 20 percent of Independents and 11 percent of Democrats are also among the group."
The 20 million people who turned down health insurance because they did not need health insurance will see their premiums rise from $0 to $3,000 a year on average.
On 29 hours a week in pay, not 40.
Reality reaches America.
5. From the Examiner: "Rape victim sentenced 200 lashes by Saudi court."
Why do we deal with Saudi Arabia at all?
Remember, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis.
Saudi Arabia is Iran with a better lobbyist in Washington.
Embargo their oil.
It's an uncivilized nation whose power structure needs to be brought down.
6. From Time magazine: "Qatar Haunted by Its Decision to Back the Arab Spring’s Islamists."
There's another nation that needs a spanking.
Of course, so does President Obama since he threw the bombs at Libya.
7. From the Los Angeles Times: "Time is short for GOP to stop Obamacare, avoid government shutdown Republicans seek a strategy to fund the government but not the healthcare law before a possible shutdown.
"Sen. Ted Cruz's long speech leaves them less time."
The news industry is deploy Rule 13 of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals against Ted Cruz: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
He's a dangerous man to them because he is Hispanic and he is conservative.
Marco Rubio? Not so much anymore. He's Washington Marco.
You have to understand. Republicans like Obamacare. Otherwise they would have forced President Obama's hand on it long ago.
Only Ted Cruz fights it in the Senate.
Thus lefties hate him. They hate good. They are winning this round.
8. From the Fiscal Times: "DoD could cut 140,000 troops and be just fine: Study.
"In an effort to reduce costs, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has pledged to cut the Army by 80,000 soldiers while reducing the size of the Marines by a an unspecified amount. But a new study by former military commanders suggests that Hagel could be cutting much, much more — while doing no harm."
Cut a quarter of the military?
Right after you cut food stamps and every other entitlement to 2007 levels.
But they want America to fail.
9. From MSN: "Playboy magazine has released its 2013 ranking of the country's 10 hardest-partying universities, and West Virginia claimed the No. 1 spot for the first time."
They must have retired Ohio U. from the competition.
10. From WTVR: "A college student was arrested Thursday for allegedly hijacking the webcams of young women — among them reigning Miss Teen USA Cassidy Wolf — taking nude images, then blackmailing his victims to send him more explicit material or else be exposed."
15% of Americans refuse to go on the Internet at all.
They may be right.
11. From Fox News: "Not all pets are calm, and as a result some pet owners are giving their pets Prozac or Xanax. But is it the right thing to do?"
Well, pet owners do treat their dogs like children.
Adderall for chihuahuas?
They're all ADHD.
(Is it the right thing to do -- the TV news cliché for a nontroversy on a slow news day.)
In the 1970s, "Saturday Night Live" mocked giving dogs psychotropic medications with a Puppy Uppers/Doggie Downers skit.
Now it is the norm.
12. From Newsmax: "Since Franklin Roosevelt, every modern U.S. president has opened their own presidential library.
"On Friday, President George Washington, the nation’s first, will finally get his turn, as a state of the art presidential library is christened in his honor."
Seriously, we gave Bill Clinton a library before Washington?
What's in Clinton's?
A stack of Playboys?
Fixing an evil is good.
13. From the Associated Press: "A South Texas man has been put to death for a slaying 14 years ago in which the victim was tied up, stabbed 94 times and robbed of $50."
The Scorekeeper judges events.
God judges people.
But the Scorekeeper has a strong recommendation in this case.
Fixing an evil is good.
14. From the Associated Press: "Six people were arrested on charges they were among hundreds of young partygoers who trashed a former NFL player's vacation home, and police said more arrests were expected."
The parents of these young adults threatened to sue the victim for naming these home invaders.
They belong in Saudi Arabia where victims get lashed.
Glad the police are taking this serious.
15. From KTRK: "Authorities say a homeowner fought back after three people burst into his southeast Harris County home, and now one person is dead in that burglary gone wrong."
Guns save lives.
16. From Robert Stacy McCain: "Barilla Mezze Penne, Barilla Farfalle, Barilla Tri-Color Rotini — yes, Amazon offers a wide variety of delicious Barilla pasta.
"Honestly, I don’t know why the subject came up, but Guido Barilla was on a radio program and explained why his company doesn’t use gay couples in their ads: 'Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role'.”
Resisting pressure from intolerant lefties who demand conformity is good.
Well, homophobes have rights, too, then.
17. Tweet of the day:
Giving $300 million in federal aid to Detroit is like giving a hobo a $20 and making him promise not to use it on Thunderbird.The Scorekeeper once gave five bucks to a bum in Wheeling because his sign said he'd use the money to buy beer.
— Razor (@hale_razor) September 27, 2013
18. From the New York Times: "An obituary on Sept. 20 about Hiroshi Yamauchi, the longtime president of Nintendo, included a quotation from a 1988 New York Times article that inaccurately described the Nintendo video game Super Mario Bros. 2. The brothers Mario and Luigi, who appear in this and other Nintendo games, are plumbers, not janitors."
Actually they are fictitious characters.
But then again a newspaper with Maureen Dowd and Paul Krugman as columnists has trouble separating fiction from fact.
19. From the Weekly Standard: "NBC News Launches 'Ready or Not, the New Healthcare Law; a Multi-Screen Experience to Help Americans Get the Most Out of the Affordable Care Act."
Meanwhile, over at CBS, in an episode of "Big Bang Theory," Sheldon and Leonard try to figure out Obamacare. Hilarity ensues.
On cable, Willie cuts Uncle Si to 29 hours a week to avoid Obamacare on "Duck Dynasty," and on her show Honey Boo-Boo gets free birth control pills, but she thinks they are candy and eats them all in one day.
Final score: GOOD 10, EVIL 9.