Of course it is a trap.
Barry knows this.
Why do you think he is running towards it?
President Obama believes in a world of equals with no one nation as its leader.
Therefore, he wants nukes for everyone -- except the United States.
2. From Tony Manfield: "The Cleveland Browns are America's Team."
No, they're not.
Message to the rest of America: Get your own darned team.
The Browns belong to Cleveland and those of us who by the geographic accident of our birth.
We put up with Tim Couch and Eric Mangini.
Not to mention once being owned by the biggest back-stabbing S-O-B in football.
Fake punts. Fake field goals. Lou Groza smiles.
Go, Coach Rob Chudzinski.
With a name like Chudzinski, he was meant to coach sometime in Cleveland.
3. Tweets of the day:
Pelosi: Nothing left to cut in budget -- 'the cupboard is bare'... http://t.co/Ufy8kZbkNz
— DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) September 22, 2013
Recall that only Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard and cried t'was bare. Today millions see a $4 trillion... http://t.co/t1v45cnm6LGuess you have to pass the cupboard before you can see all the goodies that aren't in there.
— Sarah Palin (@SarahPalinUSA) September 23, 2013
Pelosi and Palin.
One is a shallow, ill-educated ideologue who appeals to a small group of political zealots.
The other is the former governor of Alaska.
4. From CNN: "Authorities in Kenya appeared close to ending a deadly siege Monday at an upscale Nairobi mall, where attackers have killed at least 68 people, injured 175, and are believed to still be holding about 10 people hostage."
At least 68 dead.
Good thing Kenya has tough gun laws.
5. From Wikipedia: "It is illegal in Kenya to own any type of firearm without a valid gun ownership license as spelled out under the Firearms Act Laws of Kenya."
This gun control foolishness is why the United States would never elect a Kenyan president.
6. At least three of the gunmen are Americans.
Oh that is just ducky.
Under George Bush America fought terrorism.
Now we export it.
7. From the New York Times: "A suicide attack on a historic church in northwestern Pakistan killed at least 78 people on Sunday in one of the deadliest attacks on the Christian minority in Pakistan in years."
Now it is even more historic.
Religion of peace.
Except for the radicals -- which only number a billion or so people.
8. From Reuters: "A Venezuelan state agency on Friday ordered the temporary takeover of a factory that produces toilet paper in what it called an effort to ensure consistent supplies after embarrassing shortages earlier this year."
One-sheet Sheryl Crow now runs the price control department in Venezuela?
Which is the key.
Venezuela controls prices.
Which is the best way to wind up with with no paper on the roll.
9. From the New York Post: "Friends say Caroline Biden is a hot mess with a history of booze and pill addiction — and she blames it all on the tremendous pressure she faces being the vice president’s niece."
No, no, no.
She's doing it all wrong.
You blame Bush.
And the sequester.
10. From CBS: "President Barack Obama on Sunday memorialized the victims of the Washington Navy Yard shooting by urging Americans not to give up on a transformation in gun laws that he argued are to blame for an epidemic of violence."
What kind of commander-in-chief seizes upon the death of 12 people under his command to push apolitical agenda?
A blood-thirsty one?
A political robot?
Certainly not a man.
Next election, try a electing a person with a heart and not the son of an anthropologist who is totally attached from the world.
11. From Der Bild: "Wöchentlicher Vegetarier-Tag in der Kantine. Veggie-Day-Idee der Grünen löst Shitstorm aus."
You don't have to read German to understand that there is great angst over this Veggie Day idea.
People do not like the government what to eat or when to eat it.
At least, people in Germany don't.
We ought to use that word in headlines here.
"Wöchentlicher Obamacare in der Kantine. Obamacare-Idee der Grünen löst Shitstorm aus."
"Wöchentlicher Blitzkrieg-Syria in der Kantine. Syria-Blitz-Idee der Grünen löst Shitstorm aus."
"Wöchentlicher Trading-Trent-Richardson in der Kantine. Trent-Richardson-Trade-Idee der Grünen löst Shitstorm aus."
12. From Socialist Worker: "Michael Bloomberg has entered his final months as New York City mayor, and his anticipated victory lap has turned into a multicar pileup."
Which is pretty much like his mayoralty.
What can you say about a fellow whose answer to urban homicides is to ban guns in rural America.
He needs to take a big gulp of reality.
Why quote Socialist Worker?
Compared to the New York Times, it is a conservative newspaper.
13. From the Associated Press: "Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will ask a judge to discuss the timeline and procedure for prosecutors to decide whether to seek the death penalty."
How can that be?
Massachusetts banned the death penalty.
Then again, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ain't humane.
Tie him up in the gas chamber. Explode a pressure cooker. Vacuum the remains.
14. From Fox News: "A suburban Nashville school district is tweaking its popular world studies course after at least one student’s parent objected that all five religions studied in the class were not given equal representation.
"The Tennessean reports Hendersonville High School officials in Hendersonville, Tenn., canceled future field trips to local houses of worship once Mike Connor -- the stepfather of a freshman student -- complained students only visited a mosque and Hindu temple this year, rather than those of all five religions studied."
If all you knew about religion is what you read in the papers, you would think Christians were behind 9/11.
Hindus and Muslims.
Religions of peace.
Four wars since 1947.
In India and Pakistan alone.
Stopping this co-exist nonsense at school is good.
15. From Yahoo: "Ted Cruz: ‘Embarrassed’ to support McCain for president in 2008.
"Ted Cruz had barely been in the Senate for two months in March when Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain famously voiced his frustration with the new Texas lawmaker by calling him a 'wacko bird'.”
In that typical John McCain manner, he got the insult wrong.
Ted should just tell everyone he voted for Missus Palin and let it go.
16. From the Associated Press: "An Egyptian court has banned the Muslim Brotherhood group and ordered its assets confiscated in a dramatic escalation of a crackdown by the military-backed government against supporters of the ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.
"Egypt state TV said the court issued its ruling on Monday.
"The Brotherhood was outlawed for most of its 85 years in existence. But after the 2011 ouster of autocrat Hosni Mubarak, it was allowed to work openly, formed a political party and rose to power in a string of post-Mubarak elections. In March, it registered as a recognized non-governmental organization."
Bu-bu-but President Obama called it the Arab Spring.
From the New York Times on February 11, 2011: "President Obama heaped praise on the peaceful protesters who deposed Hosni Mubarak on Friday, declaring, 'Egypt will never be the same,' even as his national security team acknowledged that the swift uprising would almost certainly upend American strategy in the Middle East."
In Poca, West Virginia, the Scorekeeper predicted this fustercluck.
Back to reality goes Cairo.
17. From Robert Bryce: In the last decade. carbon dioxide emissions grew by 32% worldwide.
From the article: "In the U.S., meanwhile, carbon dioxide emissions were 8 percent lower in 2012 than they were in 2002, largely due to a surge in shale gas production, which has reduced coal use. In Europe, carbon dioxide emissions have been essentially flat for a decade."
What the hell, USA?
Do you want plants to die off?
Quit buying government propaganda about global warming.
Save the planet.
18. From Sarah Palin on the government shutdown: "Here’s a little newsflash, GOP establishment: Whenever anything bad happens, the media blames Republicans for it. That’s not an excuse to roll over and play dead. It’s a call to follow the advice I give my daughters: Woman up, stand your ground, and fight like a girl!
"I want no pity. I need no empathy. But use me as a barometer. Over the years, the left-wing media has falsely and irrationally accused me of everything from faking a pregnancy to abetting murder. They lie. Deal with it."
Think about Troopergate, 26 false ethics charges, 11 Associated Press "journalists" fact-checking her autobiography, joking about raping her 14-year-old daughter and attributing her her jokes by Tina Fey before boo-hooing about the media.
Americans elected Republicans to rid the nation of Obamacare, a festering canker upon the best medical system in world history.
The easiest way to lose that job is to refuse to do it.
Grow a pair -- be they breasts or testicles.
19. From CNS: "Speaking at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Mexico City on Friday, Vice President Joe Biden said that the international partnerships he and President Barack Obama are seeking to build -- including one between the United States and Mexico -- are 'literally going to shape the future for my country for the next 10, 20, 30, 40 years'."
Unable to sustain themselves as a viable American political party without the media and circus trucks -- first black president! -- first woman president! -- first gay president! -- the Democratic Party cynically wants citizenship to import votes from Mexico.
But this may bite them in the shorts as the only people who will leave Mexico will be those who want to work.
If they want socialism, Mexicans will stay in their country.
20. From the Associated Press: "A stone monument of the Ten Commandments that sits on a street behind the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington and was the subject of controversy in the past has been toppled by vandals.
"The 3-foot-by-3-foot granite monument weighs 850 pounds and sits out front of the headquarters of Faith and Action, a Christian outreach ministry.
"The group installed the tablets in a garden outside its offices in 2006, and the group's president said the tablets were angled so that justices arriving at the high court would see them."
Not all the devil's helpers work for the government.
A few are free-lance vandals.
21. But The Rev. Robert Schenck, who heads the organization, wasn't angry.
He turned the other cheek.
He said the incident may help publicize the Ten Commandments.
Lord knows one group did not get the message.
Which leads to the spoiler alert of life: Evil may win a few rounds, but good always triumphs in the end.
Final score: GOOD 11, EVIL 10.